What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why i dont make the wife mad.......

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
she is darn near surgical with a rifle.............

IMG_0252-1.jpg

mule deer doe, 70 yards away, didnt know what hit her. freezer is on its way to being full............

Wow. Nice shot (I guess, don't know much about hunting but it looks clean). I love deer meat though! My cousin always brings loads of deer meat to holidays, so I am looking forward to the upcoming season.

Happy eating.

xvart.

poor deer. May she rest in peace
sad.gif
. I know you said don't look for those who hate hunting....but...I dont understand how people find it "FUN" and "adventurous" to KILL a poor innocent animal. No comment.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]poor deer. May she rest in peace . I know you said don't look for those who hate hunting....but...I dont understand how people find it "FUN" and "adventurous" to KILL a poor innocent animal. No comment.

You don't watch much "Wild Kingdom" or any other such shows, do you? When a lion takes down a deer, there is a bit more to it than BANG, you're dead.

This is, of course, providing Rattler eats it....which I beleive he does....

Oh, and Rattler, my wife could use some new slippers.....
wink.gif.gif

Omg we dont need a flame thread about
"ohh its so sad, how can people do this, its cruel, animals are so wonderfull"

If you dont like it just dont say anything. theirwas a fair warning in the post title.

So yea, thats an awsome shot!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vraev @ Nov. 13 2006,9:34)]poor deer. May she rest in peace
sad.gif
. I know you said don't look for those who hate hunting....but...I dont understand how people find it "FUN" and "adventurous" to KILL a poor innocent animal. No comment.
rock.gif
i enjoy hunting. personally, and i have said this before, there is no difference in me killing a deer and me buying hamburger. either way the critters life was taken because of me. the difference is i have no illusions about it. when i(or my wife) shoot a critter we want that critter to die as quickly and cleanly as possible. besides venison is much better for you than beef or pork. no hormones, no extra chemicals. infact straight ground venison is so lean you cant use it for hamburgers as there is no fat to make the meat stick together.

besides there are no wolves and extreamly few mountain lions to keep the populations under control. its either hunters control populations or the populations will explode and thousands of them will starve to death in the winters.

I wonder if they ever watch nature shows...
rock.gif
I am sure the tiger is a vegetarian.

Great shot!

Here is a photo from our hunt on opening morning.

2006-10-24_Deer_Hunting043crop.jpg

Rattler I was just about to say that.  Without effective population controls there wouldn't be enough land to sustain all the animals and then they would die a slow death.

Many people confuse hunting with poaching and the such.  Poaching is bad because your either hunting something that is in danger or hunting out of season.  You have to let the population rebuild after a season of hunting.  Some people just do not understand.

Rattler if your freezer gets too full I would gladly pay for the shipping and dry ice to get some shipped this way!  LMAO
nana.gif

Dang I need to get a gun and learn to hunt.  Its a shame I have never actually went hunting with a real gun yet.
sad.gif

We have to kill them or else they'll die...

Lol, no seriously I don't care what people do lol. My dad hunts and I don't care; It's just not for me.

I'm a vegetarian who believes hunting is a good thing and far superior to the meat-industrial complex.  I do think there are too many unpracticed shooters out there and wish there some kind of annual refresher requirement, but I know it'll never happen.  The modern meat industry is an abomination, with its treatment of animals, workers, and the environment.  It's rampant use of antibiotics causes big problems and people would be a lot healthier if they had to work for their steaks and sausage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Nov. 13 2006,4:36)]......and people would be a lot healthier if they had to work for their steaks and sausage.
Maybe they'd be less likely to waste the meet if they had to put some time and energy into getting it into the freezer in the first place. Any hoo before this gets to far off topic: Nice looking animals guys. Shame you can't shoot firearms in town or I'd let you come and get the ones that are spending a little too much time in my yard.

MRS rattler. Gr8 shot.
Jeremiah.
That Picture reminds me of my 3 brothers, but there would be penna. Woods behind them not Colo.
Gr8 shooting
Lois

vraev: do you even know how cattle are killed? they are hung by their back legs and their throats are slit open while they are still alive and struggling. the thing dosent die for another 3 mins or so after its cut. and dont get me started on chickens. my aunt is a PETA fan...but not a member. i get sent all these videos of PETA members undercover in the slaughter houses. now apply this to shooting a deer and killing it instantly. you gotta look at both sides really.

Anyways. nice shot Mrs. Rattler!! i have never been hunting before but i want to go turkey hunting sometime
smile.gif

Alex

I used to be a Peta member, and yeah those videos are horrible. I guess I lost interest. They aren't going to stop the meat industry.

yeah...well....whatever....something being killed in nature by a wild animal is for a "necessity". Its nature's delicate ecosystem.

Yeah...I guess lets not turn this into a head on flame war.....everyone has personal opinions I guess.....me, I personally love nature too much...and  I just don't like hunting and stuff.....so thats just me.
blues.gif

and I guess all I can say about the BUTCHER STORE is "no comment".
sleeping.gif

Nice deer.

Think of it this way where would you rather have deer in someones freezer or in the middle of the road staring straight at you and not moving. Deer arnt the brightest animals on earth at least not when it comes to lights coming at them. Deer do a ton of damage to cars and peoples livelyhoods. Here in michigan I know some farmers who would have deer come in and clear an acre of crops a night. I dont personally hunt deer cause its too cold here to do that and I have never had that much interest. I do hunt turkeys and I know most hunters make decisions like I do to not take chancy shots. Just last spring I had the first opertunity to take a large gobbler, my first turkey but the shot was long, in range but too long for me to feel confident that I could make a clean kill so I passed on the shot. The vast majority of hunters will not shoot if they dont feel they can take the animal quickly. Face it, we want to recover the animal so we take shots that kill them quickly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]do you even know how cattle are killed? they are hung by their back legs and their throats are slit open while they are still alive and struggling.

you havent been around cows much have you? im in the middle of cattle country and i have to tell yah that gave me a good laugh. it would be dang near entertaining to watch some one try that on an animal weighing in close to half a ton(most cows are butcherd between 800 and 1000 pounds). in processing plants they are killed by a metal rod fired pneumaticly into the brain, quick painless and cheap. i cant imagine the insurance premiums for doing what you decribe, but ppl would be getting maimed left and right. on the ranch 9 times out of 10 its a 22 rimfire bullet to the head

PETA lied to me!
mad.gif

Back