Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Product Reviews

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jonathan...

Its a little heavier than most hand-held GPSrs but its not "heavy." Its small enough to put into a normal-sized pocket. I bought this particular unit because it could function both as a car navigation unit with voice prompts AND a hand-held for off-road use. Of course, the voice prompts don't work when you use it off-road. I haven't had any problems carrying it around with me in my feeble geocaching attempts. lol

As for batteries...it has an internal battery. One charge will last about 20-hours in normal use. That lasts a long time since its not normally on continuously for that long.

Although I'm still learning to use it, so far, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a car GPSr without having to spend $1800 on one. Its convenient, too, to be able to move it from car to car with no hardwiring. Yeah, it would be great to have one of the expensive ones, but for the bucks, the Quest will do just fine. The Quest 2 is exactly the same except it comes with all the US maps preloaded.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicholas, i dont think many will be able to read all that
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    longest...TF...post...EVER.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, the longest post was actually made by me
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares its the longest post Ive seen...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nicholas, if it's of any consolation: I read the whole thing.

It wasn't long in to it that I said to myself "get some legal advice" but it looks like you've done so along the way. I've had my experiences with unresponsive, ridiculous companies, but this is just a whole new level.

A house is not only a major investment, but then they're trying to screw you on the loan, too?

I applaud you for doing such a good job thusfar with keeping on their rears, recording conversations, taking notes, pointing out their conflicting statements, etc. But I think now is the point to bring in the lawyer and escalate. You'll have plenty of time to boycott them later on, but for now you need to ensure that you get what you need without getting screwed for it.

I hope that you'll keep us up to date (you can always make a new thread for that as it sort of would deviate from what's going on here.) I wish you and your parner the best of luck and I hope that those worms get what they have coming to them!

Bait and switch = illegal. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]For those really interested in reading reviews, you may want to check out Epinions. I find browsing around there great fun and always check out potential buys there first. Here's a link to a list of my reviews for anyone interested.
    Will keep it in mind. For serious reviews I, of course, would urge people to go out and look at multiple sources and places that specialize in this sort of thing. This here I suppose is more for the personal feel and making connections.

Thanks for sharing your story with us and -I'll say it one last time this post- GOOD LUCK!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Who cares its the longest post Ive seen...
    If it's not the longest it's definitely tied. I know because the last 15% was cut off, so I must have hit the board limit.

Quote[/b] ]Nicholas, if it's of any consolation: I read the whole thing.
    I'm impressed.

Quote[/b] ]But I think now is the point to bring in the lawyer and escalate.
    A friend of mine, my best friend from around 5-10 years old, is now a lawyer and is pouring over the 300+ pages of documents I signed and got copies of at the closing. Due to the most recent problem, we're claiming the house is not structurally sound and are going to attempt to rescind the purchase contract. You know, we get our money back, Ryan gets the house back, and we go our seperate ways, though I'm hoping to get some damages too considering what we've lost this past year.

Quote[/b] ]Will keep it in mind. For serious reviews I, of course, would urge people to go out and look at multiple sources and places that specialize in this sort of thing. This here I suppose is more for the personal feel and making connections.
    I agree, but I figued I would mention it in case someone interested hadn't heard about it yet. If it weren't for forums I doubt I would know a single place to get reviews besides Amazon.

Quote[/b] ]Thanks for sharing your story with us and -I'll say it one last time this post- GOOD LUCK!
    Thanks. I'm probably going to need it...

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Nicholas_Bostaph @ Nov. 15 2006,11:20)]
    Quote[/b] ]Who cares its the longest post Ive seen...
    If it's not the longest it's definitely tied. I know because the last 15% was cut off, so I must have hit the board limit.
    Just an FYI

Max (in kb) Post Length :75

It may be one of the longest... But it doesn't count since it wasn't written for this forum.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast