• Who cares what he does; he's just making money

2 6.90%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OJ Simpson's New Book & Interview

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to know how someone can be charged twice for the same thing? Especial when there is the double jeoprody clause in the law. You cannot be charged twice for the same charge. They could charge him with something else, but not for the murders of Nicole and Ron.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'll take it a step further and say that since the day OJ might or might not have murdered two people, millions of people have died of starvation or preventable diseases. Many in nations where large landowners export specialty foods to well-fed nations and where the US-led WTO, World Bank, etc. have forced governments to slash social spending. If half as many people would care about that as care about OJ, maybe something positive could be done. The more we get obsessed about OJ and Jon-Benet and other individual tragedies of photogenic people, the less we care about the big, public tragedies we could actually do something about.
    The assumption here is that if you care if a man got away with murder and is profiting from it in an amoral and disgusting manner...then you can't possibly care about all those other major issues listed. I don't see the connection nor the logic in that. Personally, I can care about those important world issues AND care that a murderer is publicly hurting his children and victims' families. It would make me just as angry if it were a no-name murderer doing the same thing. Its not about the "famous star OJ"...its about a murderer victimizing the family members all over again in an extremely public way.

I try to support political candidates who I think will try to do the right thing in regards to world and national problems and, though I have little money, I make my meager donations to causes whenever I can (local food bank, Salvation Army, Red Cross, Toys for Tots, etc.). Don't make it look like because I hate what OJ Simpson is doing that I don't care about more important issues in the world.

JBO...they COULD try him for perjury but not as long as he claims its an "IF" situation and that its all fiction.

Remember...OJ was found guilty of being responsible for the deaths of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman by "clear and convincing evidence." So he IS a murderer...or if you prefer, a killer.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK, youl be happy to know this then.

BREAKING NEWS:
    Quote[/b] ]O.J. Simpson book, TV special canceled
    Chairman Rupert Murdoch says project was ‘ill-considered’
    Book, TV special canceld

Quote[/b] ]After a firestorm of criticism, News Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special “If I Did It.”

“I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project,” said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. “We are sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.”

A dozen Fox affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before publication of the book. It was being published by ReganBooks, a HarperCollins imprint owned, like the Fox network, by News Corp.
    that makes no logic

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I heard that last nite. I was pleased. I'm glad someone at that network had half a brain to realize how sick that was. I'm sorry the victim's families had to go through it all again but at least they know the majority of the public was on their side and forced the issue.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm dissapointed. Call me a degenerate but I wanted to see it.

I'm sure it'll be leaked on youtube or the book's text posted somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to see it but then figured I did not want to support some thing this deplorable.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said that the books that were already sold will be taken back, but I'm sure someone will or already has copied it and will put it on the net somehow.

-Trapper-
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123