What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry's new book!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Just came in today. I havn't read it yet because I had to plant some dwarf lobelia that came in and now i gotta do algebra II, but WOW!

I was expecting a small book like the SG, but with fewer pages. WOWIE WE WOW! It doesn't have as many pages because it's BIG! The colors are amazing and this is some the the best photography i've seen!

Looks like I have a new favorite cp bible!

What are the details of the book. Like its name and heck if you can find it the CPN number or whatever the number is. I looke for it in boarders the other day. Is it sold in stores? I want to get it, but couldn;t remember the details on it.

Yes, please post the details of the book.

Thanks!

Growing Carnivorous Plants
Barry A. Rice at the bottom
Amazing ceph pics on the cover

Dunno if it's at Boarders or not. Got mine new from ebay.

You gotta get one!

I plan on it! I want ojne. Perfect Christmas gift for the one you love who loves CPs.
wink.gif.gif

i picked up my copy through Barnes and Nobel online.

less actual growing info than SG but the pictures are amazing and i like all of Barry's lists which make it nice for quick referencing. tough to recommend one over the other 'cause they did things different from each other(as was to be expected) but i think both are must haves

does it provide alot of new information?

lots of stuff on Genlisea, Byblis and Heli's that werent around when Peter wrote his book. while his Utricularia section doesnt have alot of growing info it has a list of all known species and where they are located and weither they were in cultivation as of 6 months or so ago................lists all Nep species and their country of origin..........things like that

Lots of great utric info.. Aldovanda info... Just great info!

Very interesting fossil.. all i'm gonna say
smile.gif

I think I was at Barnes & Noble and asked if they had it one time i was there and they lady said they didn't, but it looked like a cool book! I assured her that I was positive that it was going to be a cool book. Well, I went back a month later and they had one copy! So, even if they don't, you can ask them to special order it, and you can get it next time. I didn't buy it then, but I spent a heck of a lot of time reading through it and looking at the beautiful pictures.

xvart.

Hey Guys,

Glad you liked it. You can get the book from Amazon.com. You can also get it directly from me for a few more bucks,  if you want a copy autographed to you (see http://www.sarracenia.com/cp.html).

Regardless of where you get it, you should go to that web site from time to time to download the update document I have there. In the time I wrote the book, two new species of Utricularia have already been published!!!!

B

They do carry this book at Border's. You can search online to see if a local brick and mortar store has it in stock. One of the stores near me had it in-stock. I went down there to buy it but when I found the copy (only one) I noticed some clod had dropped it and a couple of the corners of the cover were bashed.

I hate bookstores that encourage the customers to treat the stock as they would a library. Too many copies with torn dust jackets, broken spines and thumb-creased pages. And they won't give you a discount on damaged goods!

It's a beautiful book and if I'm going to lay out close to $40 for it I want it to be in mint condition when I buy it.

Back