What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you have any hidden, embarrasing, etc...

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
Do you have any hidden, embarrasing, etc... habits or conditions that no one really knows about?
You obviously don't have to share what you don't want other people to know, but it's always fun to share. Oh and keep it clean... =)

I'll start with me:
-I have a red-green color blind condition. This means that I cannot detect (distinguish) between certain shades of colors. So, I usually cannot tell if something is purple or blue, so I usually have to use logic to determine the color.
-I am a frequent sleepwalker. I have been known to eat in my sleep. Also, I have talked to the wall in my sleep. My mom told me that I was almost out the door one night "heading to school", but it was aroung 4AM. I have been woken up once by my sister when I was sleepwalking, and it feels really embarrasing. It's like "Whoa! What am I doing hear? How long have you seen me like this?"
-This is not as interesting as the two previous ones, but I have been a nail-biter since 2nd grade.

Alright.. your turn... =)

I could fill this page up, but you said to keep it clean.

I have a condition called restless leg syndrome. I first noticed it when I was about 15. What happens is when you try to go to sleep, you have to move your legs and they can jerk. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it can happen two or three times a week, or I can go a month or more without it happening. It's a very strange feeling.

The first time it happened I worked from 6 in the morning to until about ten at night. I was taking caffaine pills and I took way too many. If I take certain pills or drugs it seems to happen. It also happens if I work long hours, or on my feet all day. Sometimes it just happens for no reason. It's not a big problem, it's just strange.

I used to walk in my sleep when I was really young. If you talk to me when I was asleep I would also talk back to you.

Once a year I become a pathalogical liar. It always seems to happen around the end of March.

I hallucinate all the time. Even before I started doing drugs I hallucinated. Since I was a kid. Little things like shadows and animals that aren't really there. "Time space distortions", too.

Doesn't bother me and it's only like once or twice a day.

I get a lazy eye when I'm really tired or really drunk haha

It is the same hear, just like JLAP I will hallucinate shadows and lights, its most often Ill see something run across the room, or lights, I see lights quite often befor I go to sleep they are esier to see in the dark. When I did do drugs hard core I would see lights and shaddows 2 times better, but now its just kinda their but not so noticable. Some times ill see faces laughing in the clouds, just really crazy stuff doesnt bother me I like to see the things cause I know not many people are seeing what I see and its special.

Every now and then in the middle of class ill see some ones shadow be totaly distortioned, that it is 3-4 times larger than the persons chair.

I used to have dejavue accour 10-12 times a day, but now its not so often now, but 2-3 times a week. But it was allways at the most akward time's too.

Ive also slept with my eyes half open, or open before. And I get those dreams where im awake, but im still asleep but I see shadows in the door way, and I cant move or yell. But I feel my self moving and yelling. Theirs like 1000 pounds on me.

I think something embarrasing I do is I care to much what other people think so I end up doing stupid things

im not too sure what you are looking for.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Nov. 17 2006,10:24)]Ive also slept with my eyes half open, or open before.
I once babysat a friends baby brother and he was slouched over in a big chair with his eyes open. I tried to talk to him and he wasn't responding. Apparently he was sleeping with his eyes open and I thought he was dead!

xvart.

Well I have problems with my balance. Its something I cover well for the most part so most people don't know. When I feel myself starting to pitch in the wrong direction, most of the time I can correct it before its noticeable to anyone. Other times I can't stop it and I end up bumping into things, grabbing things or pinwheeling my arms. My friends know and we just laugh at it when I can't stop it.
smile.gif
Sometimes I feel like a complete idiot for not being able to control where my body goes. Sometimes I wish I could get through just one day without saying "oops" or grabbing for something to stop myself. BUT...I know there are much worse things so I just deal with it.

I have almost no balance function in my right ear and that causes the balance problems and episodes of vertigo. Its frustrating and miserable during a vertigo episode. I can't walk right, things look funny and its hard to concentrate. After an episode my balance is particularly bad. I am coming off an episode now. Takes about 3 weeks to get back to normal wobbliness. lol Its been like this for about the past 6-7 years...I was just diagnosed last year with vestibular neuritis after a bunch of tests. Its a permanent condition. There is only one treatment which I'm not willing to do at this time.

But like I said, most people don't even realize I have this issue. Only people around me a lot see me doing the stupid stuff. And those are my friends so they don't care.
smile.gif

Back when I was in grad school, I got this weird inner-ear infection that completely incapacitated me for 48 hours. One of my ears effectively shut down, and that meant my sense of balance was destroyed. It was the worst nausea you could imagine---even having someone turn on the light sent me into spins.

Unfortunately, long term damage from this means that even today, I get motion sickness really easily. I can no longer go on rollercoaster rides (and I used to LOVE them), and those 3D rides (Back to the future, Star Trek, etc) in the little pneumatically driven cars are killer to me.

This causes a lot of trouble for me in martial arts--after 10 continuous spin hook kicks, I'm stumbling all over the place.

you should take jiu-jitsu like me...its all on the ground :p

I consider myself lucky that I do not have any nausea from spinning. I know that's typical. Those are the kinds of things I count when looking for the positive aspects of it.
smile.gif

I think I might be an alcoholic.

NO, NO I"M NOT!!

sad.gif
I guess maybe I am...

Oh well, I'll just have to accept it.

My hidden condition…I do not understand women.

What would you like to do this weekend Christine?
Let’s do something different.
Ok! We’ll go out to the shooting range.
That makes my ears hurt.

Ok!  How about spending the weekend in Key West.
Maybe, but it is a three hour drive.

You said you wanted to do something different.  How about we fly over to ****’s place on South Bimini?  It's only a thirty-minute flight.
Do I have to cook?
No sweet pea, you fix the pina coladas and I’ll fix fresh lobster and conch.
Are we going to have to fly in that old Queen Air of his?  

Tell you what Chris…I am going to take my buddy up on his offer to go to Homestead Sunday for the Nascar race.  Have a really nice day.

Why do I even try to figure them out?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This causes a lot of trouble for me in martial arts--after 10 continuous spin hook kicks, I'm stumbling all over the place.

Dude, that will throw just about anyone for a loop! Good heavens. Spinning hook kicks indeed. Those are only good one, MAYBE two at a time. What's the point in doing 10? If the first two miss, the person is GONE, or you're on your butt from a sock in the face.

You should take kenpo. If we want to kick someone in the face, we kick them in the groin first so they'll bend over. Much easier to kick someone in the head when it's at belly level!

Better yet, we'll take them down, and kick them in the head while they're down, or the groin first, then the face when the sit up.

My annoying trait is that I am a space caddet. I have a terrible memmory for things that I don't find important (like bring home a gallon of milk, where I put my keys, etc). To top it all off, I can remember lines to a movie I've seen ONE TIME 15 doggon years ago! Go figure.
rock.gif

My (bad) conditions are:

-That I'll do almost anything for the right amount of money
ex- Over the summer I ate a wolf spider and snorted one of it;s legs for $2

- I a bit of a Loner, meaning that I like to seclude myself from people a lot.
ex- my mom doesn't think that I have any friends

-I'm a born rebel
ex- both of my parents are strict Catholics but I don't believe in that, and some more.

-I'm addicted to caffine
ex- I drink at least 2 caffinated drinks a day(usually coffee)

-My nose is huge
ex- I've been asked many times if I was Jewish

-I have an antibacterial infection currently dormant in my body
ex-last week I had a huge infected 'something' in my inner nose

- I'm toooooo NICE
ex- ask any of the people at my school ( I say sorry way too much, even when I don't even bump into people)

- according to a couple of people I have no soul
ex-my brother, 7 people at school, and our neighbor

I have a 3rd nipple
oh.gif

i rarely get mad...but when i do i really cant be stopped...

like Dave i would do anything for money except playing cards ect.

i think thats everything.
Alex

Lol, Oh I know one.. I have a piercing I did myself! Won't say where....

Not joking.

Not sure it tops alex's third nipple....

I plan to get that done (If I know what you are talking about)

done professionally!

I guess I have one more to add, I used to slit my wrists.

I don't any more but I have some scars when I did.

I Highly reccomend it. Mine looks totally professional if I do say so myself. It's not a Prince albert lol.

Not gonna say anymore in public lol. You can pm me if you want.

Ohh good Mr. Albert is what I was talking about...
laugh.gif

Back