User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any hidden, embarrasing, etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any hidden, embarrasing, etc... habits or conditions that no one really knows about?
    You obviously don't have to share what you don't want other people to know, but it's always fun to share. Oh and keep it clean... =)

I'll start with me:
    -I have a red-green color blind condition. This means that I cannot detect (distinguish) between certain shades of colors. So, I usually cannot tell if something is purple or blue, so I usually have to use logic to determine the color.
    -I am a frequent sleepwalker. I have been known to eat in my sleep. Also, I have talked to the wall in my sleep. My mom told me that I was almost out the door one night "heading to school", but it was aroung 4AM. I have been woken up once by my sister when I was sleepwalking, and it feels really embarrasing. It's like "Whoa! What am I doing hear? How long have you seen me like this?"
    -This is not as interesting as the two previous ones, but I have been a nail-biter since 2nd grade.

Alright.. your turn... =)
    -Joel from Southern California

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could fill this page up, but you said to keep it clean.

I have a condition called restless leg syndrome. I first noticed it when I was about 15. What happens is when you try to go to sleep, you have to move your legs and they can jerk. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it can happen two or three times a week, or I can go a month or more without it happening. It's a very strange feeling.

The first time it happened I worked from 6 in the morning to until about ten at night. I was taking caffaine pills and I took way too many. If I take certain pills or drugs it seems to happen. It also happens if I work long hours, or on my feet all day. Sometimes it just happens for no reason. It's not a big problem, it's just strange.

I used to walk in my sleep when I was really young. If you talk to me when I was asleep I would also talk back to you.

Once a year I become a pathalogical liar. It always seems to happen around the end of March.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hallucinate all the time. Even before I started doing drugs I hallucinated. Since I was a kid. Little things like shadows and animals that aren't really there. "Time space distortions", too.

Doesn't bother me and it's only like once or twice a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a lazy eye when I'm really tired or really drunk haha
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the same hear, just like JLAP I will hallucinate shadows and lights, its most often Ill see something run across the room, or lights, I see lights quite often befor I go to sleep they are esier to see in the dark. When I did do drugs hard core I would see lights and shaddows 2 times better, but now its just kinda their but not so noticable. Some times ill see faces laughing in the clouds, just really crazy stuff doesnt bother me I like to see the things cause I know not many people are seeing what I see and its special.

Every now and then in the middle of class ill see some ones shadow be totaly distortioned, that it is 3-4 times larger than the persons chair.

I used to have dejavue accour 10-12 times a day, but now its not so often now, but 2-3 times a week. But it was allways at the most akward time's too.

Ive also slept with my eyes half open, or open before. And I get those dreams where im awake, but im still asleep but I see shadows in the door way, and I cant move or yell. But I feel my self moving and yelling. Theirs like 1000 pounds on me.

I think something embarrasing I do is I care to much what other people think so I end up doing stupid things

im not too sure what you are looking for.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Nov. 17 2006,10:24)]Ive also slept with my eyes half open, or open before.
    I once babysat a friends baby brother and he was slouched over in a big chair with his eyes open. I tried to talk to him and he wasn't responding. Apparently he was sleeping with his eyes open and I thought he was dead!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have problems with my balance. Its something I cover well for the most part so most people don't know. When I feel myself starting to pitch in the wrong direction, most of the time I can correct it before its noticeable to anyone. Other times I can't stop it and I end up bumping into things, grabbing things or pinwheeling my arms. My friends know and we just laugh at it when I can't stop it. Sometimes I feel like a complete idiot for not being able to control where my body goes. Sometimes I wish I could get through just one day without saying "oops" or grabbing for something to stop myself. BUT...I know there are much worse things so I just deal with it.

I have almost no balance function in my right ear and that causes the balance problems and episodes of vertigo. Its frustrating and miserable during a vertigo episode. I can't walk right, things look funny and its hard to concentrate. After an episode my balance is particularly bad. I am coming off an episode now. Takes about 3 weeks to get back to normal wobbliness. lol Its been like this for about the past 6-7 years...I was just diagnosed last year with vestibular neuritis after a bunch of tests. Its a permanent condition. There is only one treatment which I'm not willing to do at this time.

But like I said, most people don't even realize I have this issue. Only people around me a lot see me doing the stupid stuff. And those are my friends so they don't care.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when I was in grad school, I got this weird inner-ear infection that completely incapacitated me for 48 hours. One of my ears effectively shut down, and that meant my sense of balance was destroyed. It was the worst nausea you could imagine---even having someone turn on the light sent me into spins.

Unfortunately, long term damage from this means that even today, I get motion sickness really easily. I can no longer go on rollercoaster rides (and I used to LOVE them), and those 3D rides (Back to the future, Star Trek, etc) in the little pneumatically driven cars are killer to me.

This causes a lot of trouble for me in martial arts--after 10 continuous spin hook kicks, I'm stumbling all over the place.
    Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
    Co-editor

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast