Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Druggie Neighbors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hows it an anonymous call when they can track you're number?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno man... It's not like they are smoking crack or meth.

Talk to them and share your concerns before you take any real action. I wouldn't worry about your kid getting a contact high. Seriously. Stay in your area and let them stay in thiers. Just ask them politely to try to keep the music down and not get too crazy. If you act like you don't care if they smoke weed, they will probably cool it.

You could send them a letter without your name on it telling them how you feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, keep in mind that you don't know how they will act if you confront them. Also, the police will always keep your identity confidential. Another point, by stopping them now, you could be saving them from themselves (pot is known as the "gateway" drug), and their child, who would be taken from them if a suitable environment could not be provided. Whatever you decide to do, stay safe but don't let them threaten you or your family/friends/neighbors.
    Good luck.
    Brian

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never met anyone who had pot before alcohol. I hate it when people call it that. It's not true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you do, do not confront them! What if you confront them, telling them that you have a problem with them smoking, and they're cool with it. Then a couple days later, some elese in your building complex decides to call the cops? The drug-using neighbors will think that it was you, so then they might confront YOU, possibly putting you in danger!

In this case you cannot use sterotypes and just say that all stoners are cool and laid back; Never assume you are safe when you are around someone that uses drugs!!

As for some solutions: Do what endparenthesis suggested. Or simply make an annomous call to the police (use a pay phone). You must take action, before something serious happens. These people obviously do not care and do not have respect for the other people living around them.

One should NEVER have to be afaid walking out to the front of one's house to walk to the dog or pick up the mail.

Good luck!
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pot is a gateway drug the same way a person's first beer is the gateway to alcoholism. Most people's first illegal drug experience is with marijuana, but few of them move beyond it in any significant way. I'm not saying that to defend pot, because it seems to screw up plenty of people without any need for them to graduate to worse stuff.

People who would smoke pot out in the open with a kid at their feet have already failed a pretty important test of judgement. I wouldn't confront them or do anything that would make them think I'd possibly be someone who'd call the landlord or police. I doubt they'd do anything bad, but it isn't worth the risk they might.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the highest respect for people that personally confront others about differences (as in this situation). However, when little children are involved (yours) I would certainly err on the side of caution.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one problem with confronting them... there were like 10 of them, and one of me. i'm not really a confrontational person to begin with. call me a wuss if you want (you'd probably be at least half right too) wuss or not, i don't want to get into a situation where my crappy neighbors have it in for me or worse, my baby.

i appreciated all the responses. i'm pretty sure that they heard me in the garage that day commenting on the smell. if it happens again, i'll try to anonymously contact the police or apartment office. it's REALLY dark on our part of the street, too. i think i'll ask the police to patrol more frequently anywa. there are some little girls that like to play around their garage and sometimes in the driveway. later today i saw them outside playing and potheads' garage closed.

fyi- def not college stoners. these are grown and older people who clearly have a lifestyle of smoking and being losers. possibly gangsters- one of em had tattoos on his face.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast