Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Druggie Neighbors

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand where bugfreak is coming from - there's a big difference between discreetly rolling a joint outdoors and emptying a cigar onto the sidewalk to roll a blunt. And as a woman with a little kid, I can understand your concern about confronting a big group of bruisers. What I would encourage you to do is discreetly speak with your other neighbors, if you know them well, and try to determine which of the people are your actual neighbors and not just guests. That way, if you see them around, you can possibly find a time when you feel comfortable addressing them. I would encourage you to try to get to know them as neighbors if possible, so you can get a better handle on the situation without escalating things. This will not necessarily be an option, but something that we always teach at the self-defense seminars in my martial arts class is that knowledge is the best precaution.
    Josh - while I do share many of your opinions, let's not turn this into a legal debate. Bugfreak here has a legitimate concern and the focus of this thread should be advising her on how to best stay safe. Although I'm not a mod and technically don't have a say in the matter, I'm personally not going to tolerate diversions in this thread, because this is a matter of personal safety. This goes for everyone; if you want some political flame thread, go start one somewhere else. This bickering reflects very poorly on you all - if you have sincere concern you should appreciate the importance of being civil in this matter.
    Nep G - I'm not going to debate your personal feelings on the topic, but from the sound of it, you are a little misinformed about the history of the prohibition of marijuana and other illicit drugs. The laws which now make up our drug legislation irrefutably draw their origin from racist propoganda and economic interest, and any serious investigation into the topic will reveal that. Go get some legal books and look up Dupont vs the United States of America, ca. 1937.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]i chose not to smoke and i generally don't hang around people who do. it's not the fact that they smoke that make them such big losers... it's the fact that they were doing it OUTSIDE IN A COMMON AREA- you know, a place where kids play and other people get in and out of their garages or take their trash out. i did not go into their home and judge them, they came outside. whether or not one can actually get high from contact with the smoke is irrelevant. me and my child should not have to smell it. hate me or my views all you want- just have some f-ing common courtesy and keep the stuff to yourself if you want to go smoke. like someone said earlier- i'd rather have a bunch of potheads than one crackhead or meth addict as a neighbor. JUST KEEP IT IN YOUR OWN HOME. i don't care if your a white pothead, black pothead, rich pothead, poor pothead- still a no good piece of s*#& for doing it outdoors in that fashion.
    Amen!!!
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch it is not even listed as a hallucinogen. It is listed as a narcotic, and that doesn't even fit it because it doen't fit that catagory either. And that was just south dikota Finch. There were 3 other places. San Diego included that decriminalized it. I cannot pull the article here at work because it is on the norml website. Everytime it comes up for a vote the margins shrink with more people coming in favor of decriminalizing it.

I am tired of people talking bad about something they have never even tried, and do not even know anything about. Yet they seem to be dead set on it being bad.

Now I already said I do not agree with the way they were conducting themselve, and said what I would do. Everyone just seems to focus on my position on MJ.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'm definitely not happy with the argumentative tone this thread has taken, I will offer one last suggestion:
    Bugfreak, the next time you see your neighbors rolling a blunt outside or the like, go into your bathroom and take the cover off of the tank of your toilet. There will be a lever inside connected to the handle on the outside, and this lever connects to the stopper which keeps the tank from flushing. If you shorten the connection between the lever and the stopper a bit, the toilet will begin to run. Usually this connection is a chain, and the chain can simply be hooked a little more taut on the lever than before to achieve this effect. The result - instant legitimate management call. Running toilets are irritating, and if you call when the maintenance staff is out and you're a fancy talker, you can get a manager to come out and take a look at it, because toilets are easy fixes that all property management types come to learn early in their employment.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Finch it is not even listed as a hallucinogen. It is listed as a narcotic, and that doesn't even fit it because it doen't fit that catagory either. And that was just south dikota Finch. There were 3 other places. San Diego included that decriminalized it. I cannot pull the article here at work because it is on the norml website. Everytime it comes up for a vote the margins shrink with more people coming in favor of decriminalizing it.
    You are seeing more to my post that there really is. But its not important anyway. This isnt about POT, its what do do about some people who are smoking it in a area that is causing problems for others.

Bug,
    Im afraid that I, atleast, cannot find a simple answer to this question. But I can tell you what i would do. I would take it up with the persons causing problems in a area where you can speak to them one-on one. If they intimidate you, i would bring a freind along.

But thats what i would do. The smart money is on seedjar's advice
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are few things weirder to me than the "which drug is worse" arguments.

It's like arguing over whether it's worse to get killed by a bear or by a shark.

Option C, just avoiding them both, never seems to come up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

JB_OrchidGuy, you posted a general statement...
    Quote[/b] ]I am tired of people talking bad about something they have never even tried, and do not even know anything about. Yet they seem to be dead set on it being bad.
    So.. what you are implying is that people have to try something in order to be able to pass judgement on it?? What about past recorded results? Do I have to experience being a drunk driver and getting involved in an accedent in order to determine if the choce and result is good or bad?

IMO, that is not a valid statement.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have various neighbors who smoke pot outside, but they're all fairly discrete. In a neighborhood of 50 x 100 ft lots, however, it's close to lots of others. No one seems to have a problem with them but, if someone held a grudge, it would be easy to get a smoker in trouble. That's why I can't understand people continuing to smoke when they're responsible for kids and so on. It's too big of a risk. Lots of us have smoked in the past and have moved on.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast