0 Thread(s)
    Ok EEvveryone,
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ktulu:

Why is it ok for the Jews to be kicked out of their land but not ok for the Muslims?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think ktulu is saying it's alright, just that it's in the past. The deep past. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind; if we keep hurting each other simply for the sake of retribution, there won't be anyone or anything left. There are better ways to remedy these problems than war and genocide.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    This is absurd. Why do you even want to debate about this if you're just going to talk in circles and ignore the points that everyone is making? You might as well go talk to a wall - you'll change just as many opinions that way.
    ~Joe
    How am I talking in circles and what points have I ignored? I'm sorry you feel that way Joe but I don't see how your methods are helping either. All you have done is slapped a few people on the butt and tried to gang up on me and insult me.

Quote[/b] ]
    PS - No, it's not relevant, because I was talking about standards of civil human interaction in biblical times, when you're talking about human rights in modern times. We've made a ton of progress on human rights in the past 2000 years, and the situation is totally different today. Back when the Muslims taxed the Christians, it was a time when it was accepted - nay, expected - for rival nations and religions to cut each other down in the most violent, painful ways possible. Things are very, very different today. These are two separate contexts we're talking about, separated by 2000 years of history and unimaginably divergent philosophies on the value of a human life.
    Ok so Muslims were tolerant back in the day. Why aren't they now?

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]
    Uh- oh. A comment like that will make it hit the fan. We dont want that to happen. Please keep the inflamitory remarks to yourself
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]
    I don't think ktulu is saying it's alright, just that it's in the past. The deep past. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind; if we keep hurting each other simply for the sake of retribution, there won't be anyone or anything left. There are better ways to remedy these problems than war and genocide.
    ~Joe
    I just think it's ridiculous to say that it is wrong to kick out a people who's lived somewhere for thousands of years but then not support that statement when it comes to the Jewish people.

I agree with you Joe but you are assuming that the people we are dealing with (Terrorists) and that Israel is dealing with are people who will sit down and talk things through. This is the problem. What is Israel supposed to do when the leader of the opposition says they deny Israel's existence and want them all to perish? These are the hard questions I'm asking, I'm not supplying any answers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 21 2006,1:45)]
    Quote[/b] ]
    So you're saying they aren't human, or don't deserve human rights? You're willing to waive all standards of decent behavior just because someone is your enemy?
    No...I clearly said they don't respect our values of human rights.
    Please explain to me how they dont respect our values of human rights? Are we not the ones who have treated them with intolerance and insensitivity twoards their religious and cultural values.

And as for the recent incidents with the pope and the cartoon, I have found Christians are much less tolerent with others than Muslims. I have spent a good amount of time with Muslims and I would trust a Muslim with my life a thousand times before I would trust the average Christian with my life. You are looking only a the extreme examples. I guess you think we should blow up all medical procedure clinics then, I mean since thats what some christians do. I know lets bring back the inquisition and also take the position of Pope Innocent III (a very befitting name) of "Kill them all, for God knows his own!"

I dont believe that all christians hold these values, but if your going to imply the actions of a few exteremists represent all Muslims, then i will assume that is true for all religions and maybe I should call the FBI and report every christian I know for plotting an act of terror against medical procedure clinics.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Nov. 20 2006,8:12)]
    Quote[/b] ]
    Uh- oh. A comment like that will make it hit the fan. We dont want that to happen. Please keep the inflamitory remarks to yourself
    Perfect example Finch!

I'm not saying all Muslims are intolerant. I'm not saying Muslims are evil. All I know is that there was a cartoon published that created massive chaos. Then there was a speech by the Pope which once again led to more to chaos. Why? Because obviously somewhere in the Muslim population there is a "sample" that is intolerant. Are these the radicals? I don't know but I think whatever this Muslim "sample" is it seems to be growing and that is scary for everyone.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast