User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 88 of 126

Thread: Reinstate the Draft

  1. #81
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] I have spent a good amount of time with Muslims and I would trust a Muslim with my life a thousand times before I would trust the average Christian with my life
    That, sir, assumes that christans are lest trustworthy beacause of why? I hope you know better than that. You are now making comments that have no point, and are only going to get others angry, just like Outsiders71 has. I do hope a moderater locks this topic because we are now past the discussion phase and ino the flame phase.
    that makes no logic

  2. #82
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Please explain to me how they dont respect our values of human rights? Are we not the ones who have treated them with intolerance and insensitivity twoards their religious and cultural values.
    If they respected our values of human rights would they be cutting off our soldiers heads and releasing it on TV and the net? Would they kill innocent Christians missionaries who's only crime was trying to help the people of Iraq? Is it all America's fault? Do two wrongs make a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    And as for the recent incidents with the pope and the cartoon, I have found Christians are much less tolerent with others than Muslims. I have spent a good amount of time with Muslims and I would trust a Muslim with my life a thousand times before I would trust the average Christian with my life. You are looking only a the extreme examples. I guess you think we should blow up all medical procedure clinics then, I mean since thats what some christians do. I know lets bring back the inquisition and also take the position of Pope Innocent III (a very befitting name) of "Kill them all, for God knows his own!"

    I dont believe that all christians hold these values, but if your going to imply the actions of a few exteremists represent all Muslims, then i will assume that is true for all religions and maybe I should call the FBI and report every christian I know for plotting an act of terror against medical procedure clinics.
    Your argument holds no water. Take all the insensitivity that is directed towards Islam and Muhammad and apply them to Christianity (Oh wait that's done every day) and lets see how many deaths occur.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  3. #83
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugh god man.

    Why is it that everyone is like "LOCK THE TOPIC!" everytime it strays just a wee bit?

    Here is a better suggestion, lets return to talking about the draft rather than debating religious radicals.

    Edit: Christian missionaries don't only want to help, they also want to spread their religion. Just the other day the catholic church was talking about doing away with purgatory because so many babies die in SE asia or someplace like that. Easier to re-work the netherwold than advocate birth control, I suppose.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 21 2006,2:00)]ktulu:

    Why is it ok for the Jews to be kicked out of their land but not ok for the Muslims?
    Let me answer this directly.

    First where did I say it was ok for them to be thrown out of their land? I dont recall saying that.

    Secondly, Im not even saying they dont have a right to live there now, I just think if they want to live there they need to be willing to live with the current occupants. Even the UN agrees that Palestine and Isreal should have been one secular state.

    Third, I was saying that the Palestinians were not the ones who caused the Jews to leave, I dont know the exact reason why the ones who ended up in Europe moved there, but my point is it wasnt the Palestinians who expelled them and the Palestinains shoudlnt have to pay the price for Germany's mistake (face it with out the Holocaust Isreal would never have been created).
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  5. #85
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strays a WEE bit? Did you even see what they have said? What is the Defenitin of Flaming? Oh here is one
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Flaming is the act of sending or posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting
    You cannot say that several remarks have not been hostle or insulting. We call two people sending flames to eachother a Flame War, not a 'discussion'
    that makes no logic

  6. #86
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 20 2006,8:30)]ugh god man.

    Why is it that everyone is like "LOCK THE TOPIC!" everytime it strays just a wee bit?

    Here is a better suggestion, lets return to talking about the draft rather than debating religious radicals.
    That's a good idea. So lets get back to the education and the diplomacy theory.

    Like I said I think it is obvious that diplomacy is the measure everyone would want to use. So now explain how this would all work in the middle east.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  7. #87
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I don't consider this flaming. I think they are being civil.

    We have to give a little man. We need to pull out our troops and set up schools. Send people who don't carry guns, for one. We need to fix the utilities. We need to let them decide what they want, not make them take it. We need to let the UN handle a lot of it instead of trying to be the Cop. We are Barney Fife.

  8. #88
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then what do you consider not civil?
    that makes no logic

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •