Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Reinstate the Draft

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.. I guess sodium pentathol would be ok (and quite pleasurable...) or polygraph tests might work. Those would be ok. That's not torture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít think we are ever going to find a clear-cut answer to the Israeli-Palestine conflict. There is just too much passion and conflicting information. Ultimately both sides have to come to a compromise or they will destroy each other, I think. The problem is neither side is willing to concede much or find middle ground. I think instead of debating how it came about we should try and see how things should be fixed. Both sides cant have everything while the other still exists.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=[b]Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 21 2006,3:35)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Regaurdless of who was in the area first Palestinians had lived there, peacefully for thousands of years, and even welcomed the Jewish people PEACEFULLY into their state with the assumtion that they would assimilate into a secular state with the rights of both Palestinians and Jews protected until Zionists decided they needed their own country and did not want Muslim Palestinians living it.
    Read my history of Jerusalem. This is why I never responded.

Quote[/b] ]
    Here, ktulu makes the excellent point that Palistine made a gracious, peaceful offer to coexist with the Jews in Israel. Where, in your posts, did you take this into account? You didn't. You continued to insist that because the Jews got ousted violently, the Palestinians should be too. Whatever happened to forgiveness, or repentance?
    Yes so great that they weren't allowed to go to certain sectors of Jerusalem. Once again I never replied to this because the link I posted did.

Actully most of the Jews that currently live in Isreal are from Europe. The Majority of the Jews in Palestine when Islam was founded converted to Islam, as did most Christians.

This was earlier than the others, but I'm including it anyways because here, you totally ignored something that blew a tremendous hole in your argument; many of the Muslims that the Jews displaced with the founding of modern Israel were themselves descended from Jews who chose to stay in Palestine.
    ~Joe
    [/qutoe]

This is simply not true.
    Ok my question is did you read your own post? Your second paragraph starts out talking about he European Jews moving in. So what exactly are you claiming is simply not true.

The denial of access to thier holy sites was after Isreal said screw you Muslims get out we want a Jewish State, so it was likely a response to that. Really that was likely a result of that, I wouldnt want the people who just kicked me out of my home to come into my city for any reason. This was after the attempt at peaceful coexistance was rejected by the Isreali's.

Also your post talks about how the Christian kingdoms were intolerent of the Jews and were the more likely cause of any Jews leaving, not the Muslims. The Muslims were not perfect, but they were more tollerant than the Christians were of the Jews.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may not have said that torture is necessary, but you do seem to insist intelligence gathering is necessary, and your questions imply that you don't see any other way to do it. You can't get any closer to endorsing torture without saying it outright, especially when your comments are in rebuttal to the assertions of others that this torture is immoral and wrong.
    As for your history of Jerusalem, I skimmed it, found no references, and given that you've demonstrated a lack of sources elsewhere in this argument, I have no reason to believe that it is at all based in reality.

Quote[/b] ]This is simply not true.
    Source please? I have much more reason to believe the likes of ktulu, whom has an established history of providing citations for his claims, than you, who, to my recollection, does not.
    Thanks, ktulu, for catching that - I was just about to mention it.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Nov. 21 2006,3:45)]I donít think we are ever going to find a clear-cut answer to the Israeli-Palestine conflict. There is just too much passion and conflicting information. Ultimately both sides have to come to a compromise or they will destroy each other, I think. The problem is neither side is willing to concede much or find middle ground. I think instead of debating how it came about we should try and see how things should be fixed. Both sides cant have everything while the other still exists.
    the palestinians have already conceded almost 80% of their land, how much more can they concede. Also Palestinians for the most part would be happy if Isreal would just stop occuping what they have left and let them run their own country. Hamas has even said if Isreal would leave the west back and the Gaza strip and stop bulldozing palestinian villages to build Jewish only settlements they would stop the suicide bombings and call off the attacks against Isreal. Hamas even honored its cease fire with Isreal for a year past its expriation until Isreal shelled Palestinians killing 18 civilians. Isreal is the side that seems less and less likely to be willing to concede anything as time goes on.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mearly said that there should be compromise, not that the current situation is the best!
    that makes no logic

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least what I think we can all agree on, no matter our position on the situation, is that everything going on right now is certainly no fun. Everything that's going on these days is confusing and I think we all wish things were normal.

-Gabe D.
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, maybe I missed it, but what the hell does this have to do with the draft?
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.