Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hah, rules?

I must be a crappy American. LMAO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hears ya, I don't abide by em too often myself, haha... doubt I'd get away with someting like this though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't run to Canada even though I live in Wisconsin. I might be temped to go to Ireland since I'm irish and I might go anyways. But if they do bring back the draft and I was picked I would not run. Maybe because I'm already looking into the Marines. But if I was not looking to join up and I didn't want to go to war I would tell them and let them throw me in jail. If I want to I will, but if I don't I won't. Maybe they should all get a gun and go to Iraq. Let's start with Bush. The whole point is I don't run, I stand my ground!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They draft me, I will tell them to stick it where the sun does not shine. I am not fighting over oil in IRAQ. Not my fault that the inept government screwed up.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the draft actually is brought back (which I doubt it will be) I definitely wouldn't go. Like many of us here, I'm going to college and I have a future in mind that has nothing to do with the military and possibly dying over something I disagree with.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 20 2006,9:08)]This will never happen guys. This means the politicians kids will go, too.
    Hahaha, nice sentiment, but think again Clint. Just look at Bush.
    Seriously though, I wouldn't mind serving my country, if they just let me choose how to do it. The very notion of the draft makes me want to ditch this place ASAP. Fortunately, I'm not eligible for military service - for once, my poor health pays off!
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will see all you folks in jail! LOL The thing is if your an only child they will not draft you right away. Maybe joining the military for 15 months is a good thing and teach some of these folks dicipline. We have too many hoolagins on the streets now because mommy and daddy cannot raise them right!

I would gladdly go if called, but I am not volunterring. I am 28 and the only son so I think I am safe. I am sorry if you do not agree with the war, but the fact of thematter is you live in this country and enjoy its freedoms. If the country needs you you should go. Regardless of why you feel the war was started to begin with. You reaap the benefits of being free then you should have to chip in when needed to keep it that way. If you don;t like it go to France, Europe or some other country that is getting bombed by terroists, and is no where near as free as we are.

Travis how can this be over oil? We don't even get any of the oil from Iraq. I semi believe the fact that it is for finacial gain, but then that is only a semi belief. I do think we need to do more to get off of oil, but thank the care manufactorers for that.

Don;t forget the Dems took over the house and promised partisanship. Now look at them there is bickering among their own party. Speaker to be Nancy Pilosy just got SHUT DOWN by her own party over the Majority leader stuff. They will be able to do no better. Both parties stink right now. We need to somehow get a congressional term limit in place and open the system up to more than two parties. This two party system is not working. Don;t go say there is more than two parties, you are right there is but the system is designed to only have 2 main partied. I cannot explain it the way my government teacher did, but after he explained it it makse sense. We need more than 2 parties and term limits to the old fogies.

We needed to get rid of Sadam and punish him for his warcrime. I hope they show his hanging on TV or I can find it on the internet! Nect we need to take care of Iran. The tards! We should drop a 50 Kilo-ton Nuke right in the middle of downtown Teran and see how they like it. You want a Nuke Iran?? Well here is one, come and get it!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would tend to agree with you, Josh, except you seem to be assuming that we need to go to war right now, and to me (and many other Americans) that's not immediately evident. I think what this country needs, more than anything else, is to get their nose out of other nations' business, before we get on the bad side of any more militant religious extremists.
    I also think it's kind of odd that the only way citizens can 'serve their country' is by acting as human shields for politicians. Why can't I be drafted as a diplomat, or a political commentator, or a relief worker? The draft seems a lot more about protecting the interests of politicians than protecting the security of the country.
    ~Joe

PS - I think this idea is funny. Instating the draft to prevent war? Very novel.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast