Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstate the Draft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What else would it be over? Freeing the people over there? Nukes? North Korea and Iran are/were way ahead of Iraq. We had no visual pictures of "weapons of mass destruction". Granted Sadam is not a good man but I thought we had bigger fish to fry at the time. Maybe revenge?
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dudes, just tell em your homo lol.

I'm gay, I'm my dad's only son, and I've got asthma. I'm staying right here

Lol, I want gays to openly be accepted into the military but not when there's a draft. What a double-standard LMAO! Guilty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go if called upon. I would have some issues, but i would do it. And i assume that the fact that i am asexual (no sexual interests) wont be a problem. Wonder if thats good or bad...
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong about this but I swear Bush said he would not have a draft. So as long as he's the President he will veto it.

If the draft does happen orchidguy brings up a good point. We all value the freedoms we have here. To get those freedoms lots of blood had to be shed. Today's world is different from the old days where we could draw out borderlines and single out crazy rulers. Today countries such as Iran sponsor terrorists groups to do what they want. It is impossible to single out a terrorist group which is interleaved between citizens and multiple countries.

Even if you disagree with the war, you do understand that isolating ourselves from the rest of the world does not fix our problems. The fact is just because the U.S.A. exists, and because our principles exist people will hate us and want to destroy us. It's the same with Israel (who's neighboring countries will not accept its existance). When you have enemies who do not accept your existance and despise that you exist how do you go about solving this problem? Ignoring them will just enable them to do more damage to us on our own ground because they will grow in numbers and sophistication. You can try to diplomatically fix things but once again we tried this before in the past and this just allowed for us to be minipulated by countries as Iraq and N. Korea. I whole heartedly wish that these things could be solved by us isolating our selves from everyone elses business and by diplomacy. But the fact is we live in a fast-paced globalized world today and hesitation leads to more innocents dying.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 20 2006,12:52)]But the fact is we live in a fast-paced globalized world today and hesitation leads to more innocents dying.
    And this is any better?
    US Soldiers Crush Iraqi Citizen's Car as 'Punishment'
    Take a look at this and then tell me we're not the bad guys. Don't even get me started on what they don't have video of. I'm sure glad we have our troops in all these evil, heathen nations to show them what freedom and democracy is all about.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you seedjar, but there are bad apples in any large population. Unfortunatly those bad apples in the military can do so much more damage.
    that makes no logic

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more than a few bad apples, and unfortunately many of them are in command. I know people who were made to do horrible, unspeakable things by their commanding officers during their recent deployments. Things that make the video above look like a time-out. My very dear friend Mary was the fourth person in her squad to kill herself in the space of a month after returning from Iraq, and if I tried to describe why here, I would probably recieve a stern rebuke from the mods. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that our behavior there has been totally inappropriate and unjustifiable - perhaps someone needed to take Saddam out of power, but we jumped the gun, alienated the rest of the world, and then proceeded to commit terrible war crimes because we didn't have the resources to do the job right. Even if there were an excuse to go before, the US military has forfeited their honor and demonstrated that they are not capable of handling this war.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]the US military has forfeited their honor and demonstrated that they are [not] equipped to handle this war.
    Well i dont think they have forfeited their honor, but whenever something goes wrong, the accusations never move up the command chain. Just goes to show that equality in their eyes is reletive to your superiority.
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast