Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstate the Draft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 20 2006,11:14)]We may have a VP who supports torture to get vital information from terrorists however we also have citizens who feel that these terrorists deserve the same rights as U.S. citizens. You tell me what is worse...

Who are we to sit and watch horrendus acts such as genocide happen when we can do something to prevent millions of people from dying? Who are we to just sit there and watch starving peoples die while we have surpluses of food? Who are we to watch sickly people die because they don't have access to vaccines and medicines? Who are we to just sit around and watch the AIDS cases grow in Africa when we have the knowledge to teach and educate Africans how to avoid contracting the disease?
    What rights dont they deserve. Shouldnt they get a fair trial like everyone else without being tortured. If you torture someone long enough they will tell you what you want to hear. If these people have truley commited these crimes they will be found guilty. Germany once had party that thought some people did not derserve the same rights as everyone else. So how long before we have our conscripted soilders goosestepping through our streets and all the muslims in camps where they are forced to take "showers"? I know this is extreme but i know many people (most of them christian acting in a very unchristian way) who think that we should wipe out those evil muslims. I just fear too many people in this country would be willing to repeat the mistakes of the past as long as it was against a minority like muslims because they fear them and do not understand them.

As for us not sitting and watching the horrors of genocide, how many soilders have we sent to Dafur? Oh thats right 0. How well has the western style "democracy" worked to stop the genocide in Iraq. How many people could feed with 2 billion dollars a week? How many could we give medical care to? What about all the people in the United States who cant afford medical care while we bleed 2 billion dollars a week into a country that doesnt want us there? What about the fact that our own government has conluded that we have made our threat of terrorist acts WORSE by our actions in Iraq and the Middle East?
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 20 2006,5:14)]So you are concluding that no one over there in Iraq wanted freedom from Saddams brutal dictatorship?

We may have a VP who supports torture to get vital information from terrorists however we also have citizens who feel that these terrorists deserve the same rights as U.S. citizens. You tell me what is worse...

Yes we already know there have been some a-wall soldiers who did terribly wrong things. No one supports what they did but thankfully they are the few and not the many.

Isolation is a foreign policy option. We stay out of other countries businesses and don't interfere with anything they do. We let terrorists cells recruit and grow. We let them get better weapons and more training. Sound familiar?

Who are we to sit and watch horrendus acts such as genocide happen when we can do something to prevent millions of people from dying? Who are we to just sit there and watch starving peoples die while we have surpluses of food? Who are we to watch sickly people die because they don't have access to vaccines and medicines? Who are we to just sit around and watch the AIDS cases grow in Africa when we have the knowledge to teach and educate Africans how to avoid contracting the disease?
    Yeah, a lot of them did. Now they want to be left alone. We don't belong there.

Yeah, I do think the terrorist deserve basic human rights. Torturing someone is terrorism as far as i'm concerned. If we torture them we are no better than they are.

We don't have to kill people. It's called diplomacy and education!

Speaking of genocide, who aren't we doing more in Darfur? They are the ones who need help!

"Who are we to just sit there and watch starving peoples die while we have surpluses of food? Who are we to watch sickly people die because they don't have access to vaccines and medicines? Who are we to just sit around and watch the AIDS cases grow in Africa when we have the knowledge to teach and educate Africans how to avoid contracting the disease?"

What does that have to do with invading a country who doesn't want us? Nothing.

Edit: good post ktulu! I posted before I read everything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 20 2006,11:29)]
    Quote[/b] ]
    First off, the reason we are hated is because of things like our ill concieved invasion of Iraq. Isreal is not reacognized by its neighbors because Palestine was an ally of Syria, Iran, Iraq, Jordan (who actully does recognize Isreal, though they do not like them) when Isreal was set down in the middle of Palestine and the Palestinians were told to leave, but thats a whole different issue which you should really research the truth behind instead of believing what your Jewish controlled Media tells you(many of whom are Isreali or have family in Isreal)
    We were hated before we were in Iraq. It's funny how people forget 9/11. Who's country did we invade then? Even before 9/11 why was our embassys bombed? What did we do then?

Israel historically and rightfully belongs to the Jewish people:
    http://www.sacredland.org/world_site...Jerusalem.html
    Actully Isreal rightfully belongs to the Canninites, read your bible it glorfies the Isreali massacre of the Cannintes (Dueteronomy 20:17). Also when did a religious text become the basis of estabilshing political borders? Doesnt pretty much every religion claim it has rights over the entire world, so which one do we choose. Should we give all of europe back to the Italians? I mean Rome did conqure all of France, Spain, most of England, North Africa, The Middle East, the Balkans, parts of Germany, lets give it all back to the Italians, I mean its rightfully theirs since they, like the Jewish people, slaughtered the natives and took it from them. Also if your an American of European decent you need to leave, as this entire hemisphere rightfully belongs to the Native Americans and them only. Oh thats right we massacred them so in the eyes of God its ok to take their land. I know lets just massacre anyone who doesnt like the United States and take their land it would make so much more land for us.

As for the reason we were hated before 9/11, again our presence in the Muslim holy land (Saudi Arabia) where we do not respect the traditions of Islam and their cultural values. And we were hated in Iraq because we stoped their invasion of Kuwait which seceded from Iraq. So this made us very unpopular with Iraqis.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another handy definition, inspired by Clint's post:
    Torture: (verb) 1. to inflict severe pain on someone, usu. for the purpose of punishment or coercion 2. to inflict severe mental suffering or anxiety on someone, as above
    ~Joe

PS - Nice one, ktulu. To add - Kuwait was then used as a military foothold for numerous actions against Islamic military/political interests, if I'm not mistaken.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just say I was gay and get out of it... No lie..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the only progeny of my parents, and in school for the next 7 years...good thing i wouldn't have to fight.

If that happened though, and my name came up....see you guys in Canada
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 20 2006,5:14)]We may have a VP who supports torture to get vital information from terrorists however we also have citizens who feel that these terrorists deserve the same rights as U.S. citizens. You tell me what is worse...
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I read that on a ratty old piece of paper somewhere.

The fundamental rights of US citizens are also fundamental human rights... that's one of the beautiful things about the US.

A good christian should never have to be reminded that people remain human even when it becomes uncomfortable for us to consider them as such.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said, EP.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast