Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstate the Draft

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think any of us have judged you, Outsiders. We're simply rebutting what seems quite evident to me to be your open endorsement of torture. When people say, "Torture is wrong," and your reply is, "Yeah, but what if we had to torture so-and-so for such-and-such a reason." it sounds an awful lot like you approve of it.
    ~Joe

PS - I stand corrected, I think Mokele is judging you. But he's probably right anyways.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]

Lol, when I see them on TV saying we don't belong, that's their opinion.
    You must of missed it when they were on TV with U.S. soldiers thanking them.

Quote[/b] ]
    We are talking about puting plastic over someone and dunking/throwing water on them to make them think they are drowning. That's torture. I'd say not being tortured is a basic human right...
    You are only speculating that we are doing this. What really is being done no one really knows...
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 21 2006,1:25)]
    Quote[/b] ]
    Actully Isreal rightfully belongs to the Canninites, read your bible it glorfies the Isreali massacre of the Cannintes (Dueteronomy 20:17). Also when did a religious text become the basis of estabilshing political borders? Doesnt pretty much every religion claim it has rights over the entire world, so which one do we choose.
    I wasn't basing my reasoning biblically because obviously there are many here who don't give merit to that. Historically though the Jews settled there before the Muslims.
    And the Canaanites were there before them. Why dont you advocate Italy ruling most of Europe, I mean they were there first. The jews that were there converted to Islam or has already left when Islam was founded. The few that were left were massacred mostly by Christians. Why should the Palestinian Muslims who had lived there for thousands of years pay for the sins of Christians and a radical German political party? Why does Isreal have the right to move a secular state to one based on religion and expel, massacre, and in many ways create the same situtation that they fled in Europe in the middle east. Do you hold the opinion of many people that Muslims are sub-human? Do you believe that Muslims dont have the right to own land, practice their religion with out persecution, and live in towns instead of refugee camps? Regaurdless of who was in the area first Palestinians had lived there, peacefully for thousands of years, and even welcomed the Jewish people PEACEFULLY into their state with the assumtion that they would assimilate into a secular state with the rights of both Palestinians and Jews protected until Zionists decided they needed their own country and did not want Muslim Palestinians living it. This to me is outrageous that a country that was formed due to discrimination would then act in this way. To say that Isreal rightfully belongs to the Jewish people and the Jewish people alone is to support something which in my opinion is down right dispicable and inhuman. Isreal should be one state encomapassing both Palestine and Isreal with secular government and no official religion.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 20 2006,4:35)]
    Quote[/b] ]
    the Muslims should've recieved a humanitarian award for such a tolerant policy.
    So tolerant that when a cartoon is published your publication building will be set on fire. So tolerant that when the Pope makes logical sense saying that religion shouldn't be about violence that you go out and kill a nun.
    Dude, did you even read that post? You've taken what I said totally out of context. Using words incorrectly is one thing, but please listen to my argument before you rebut it.
    ~Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]
    So you're saying they aren't human, or don't deserve human rights? You're willing to waive all standards of decent behavior just because someone is your enemy?
    No...I clearly said they don't respect our values of human rights.

Quote[/b] ]
    You should be ashamed to call yourself a Christian. Whatever happened to love thy enemy, to treating people properly even if they don't do the same to you?

Pathetic.
    I have nothing to be ashamed about. I never said I was for torture please read..., I asked how we are to extract information from known Terrorists such as Osama when they know about a plot that is about to surface here in the U.S.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]
    Dude, did you even read that post? You've taken what I said totally out of context. Using words incorrectly is one thing, but please listen to my argument before you rebut it.
    ~Joe
    It's still relative you were talking about Muslim tolerance were you not?

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the idea's stupid. If our wars were actually being fought correctly and for just reasons, then maybe more people would feel patriotic and supportive, and we wouldn't need a draft.(I don't support the Iraq war, but it's in more of a weird extreme conservative way)
    Personally I probably could not be drafted. I am lactose intolerant, I have tourettes, and I take nine medications every day.
    The bill probably won't pass and I'm glad for that.
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 20 2006,4:46)]
    Quote[/b] ]
    ~Joe
    It's still relative you were talking about Muslim tolerance were you not?
    This is absurd. Why do you even want to debate about this if you're just going to talk in circles and ignore the points that everyone is making? You might as well go talk to a wall - you'll change just as many opinions that way.
    ~Joe

PS - No, it's not relevant, because I was talking about standards of civil human interaction in biblical times, when you're talking about human rights in modern times. We've made a ton of progress on human rights in the past 2000 years, and the situation is totally different today. Back when the Muslims taxed the Christians, it was a time when it was accepted - nay, expected - for rival nations and religions to cut each other down in the most violent, painful ways possible. Things are very, very different today. These are two separate contexts we're talking about, separated by 2000 years of history and unimaginably divergent philosophies on the value of a human life.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast