User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there something wrong with me?

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smart doesn't mean much as a kid. Everybody thought I'd be some whiz kid when I was in grade school, and honestly I've kind of fizzled out. And just because these kids are smart, it doesn't mean they know what they're doing when it comes to real life, or interacting with each other, or taking care of themselves. You'd be surprised at how shallow the lives of some supposedly happy, well-adjusted people can be. I've found that often, the biggest difference between myself and someone who isn't depressed is that I'm simply more aware of how many discouraging things happen to me on a regular basis.
    Anyways, thinking about things in terms of status is only going to make you susceptible to more negative thoughts, like EP and others have said. Find people you like, find things about yourself that you like - what matters now are your feelings and happiness. Don't give power to the things that make you unhappy.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you're right, i'm living proof, because I wasn't smart enough to evade it

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evade what? The whole "social ladder" thing? Dude it's normal lol.

Wait aren't you homeschooled?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I'll be friend worth having if you like. No seriously, I like friends. I'll send you plants if that makes your day brigher.

I heard a theory recently that there is no way for us to help ourselves heal. I have needs, you have needs, but if we focus on that we'll never grow. If all the arrows are pointing to you, you can't improve, you can't heal. "I need" points to *me*. Therapy points to *me*. Vacation points to *me*. So while those things make us feel good, they don't really help.

The only way to overcome that is to give, and love, and do. Reverse the arrows and you'll heal and grow. Help people, build friendships without conditions, make goals and work at them (like exercise). All these things are directed away from yourself but in the end they help you the most.

all the best,
    Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No=( but I do go to a kinda private school,were the state chooses if you can go or not.

I wasn't able to evade the whole depression thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow Farmer Dave you soud just like me! I am clinicaly depressed. I had that eating disorder thing where i was overweight and then because of that i became anorexic. The freinds thing also, for i actually have somewhat of a social disorder that makes it very hard to make freinds and i went for 7 years without a freind in the world. I still dont have close freinds, but its geting better. When i realized i was not attracted to anyone at 18 still i came to the conclusion that i was Asexual. It really got bad, but now i'm coming to terms with it, and all. Talk to the DOC. Counciling helps big time. If they prescribe you antidepressents, dont hesetate. They are hard to get off of, but they help a whole bunch. Iv been through alot of what your going through. Please PM me so we can talk
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering, but how can someone be Asexual? Maybe you need hormones or something?

IME, SSRI's make you emotionally detached. They don't make you happy, but rather "neutral" all the time. I hate it. I'm weaning myself off slowly.

I never needed them. Told my rents I was suicidal to cover up my drug use. Maybe that's why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consider Asexuality to be the complete lack of sex drive or desire of sex. I am not sexually attracted to anyone or anything. A little, but not much.

Here is my post in another topic about my problems
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The list is so long, i will keep it short. Please dont ask me to elaborate.

Oh where to start

Growth hormone Deficiency
    Depression
    Aspergerís syndrome. I almost never direct someone to wikipedia, but it has a high aspergerís population base; thus, its article is very good.
    Asperger's

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Asperger syndrome ó also referred to as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's, or just AS ó is one of five neurobiological pervasive developmental disorders (PDD) that is characterized by deficiencies in social and communication skills. It is considered to be part of the autistic spectrum and is differentiated from other PDDs and from high functioning autism (HFA) in that early development is normal and there is no language delay. It is possible for people with AS to have learning disabilities concurrently with Asperger syndrome. In these cases, differential diagnosis is essential to identify subsequent support requirements. Conversely, IQ tests may show normal or superior intelligence
    (aspergers and depression are intertwined)
    Um I hate myself, Have very poor self image, obviously. This is related to depression.

Something very few know (and i only say this due to the Anonymity of the internet)

After a long and painfull denial, i have come to the concusion that i am Asexual (not have interest in, or inclination towards, sexual behavior of any sort)

and the list goes on. But those are the biggies
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast