What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there something wrong with me?

No=( but I do go to a kinda private school,were the state chooses if you can go or not.

I wasn't able to evade the whole depression thing.

Oh wow Farmer Dave you soud just like me! I am clinicaly depressed. I had that eating disorder thing where i was overweight and then because of that i became anorexic. The freinds thing also, for i actually have somewhat of a social disorder that makes it very hard to make freinds and i went for 7 years without a freind in the world. I still dont have close freinds, but its geting better. When i realized i was not attracted to anyone at 18 still i came to the conclusion that i was Asexual. It really got bad, but now i'm coming to terms with it, and all. Talk to the DOC. Counciling helps big time. If they prescribe you antidepressents, dont hesetate. They are hard to get off of, but they help a whole bunch. Iv been through alot of what your going through. Please PM me so we can talk

Just wondering, but how can someone be Asexual? Maybe you need hormones or something?

IME, SSRI's make you emotionally detached. They don't make you happy, but rather "neutral" all the time. I hate it. I'm weaning myself off slowly.

I never needed them. Told my rents I was suicidal to cover up my drug use. Maybe that's why.

I consider Asexuality to be the complete lack of sex drive or desire of sex. I am not sexually attracted to anyone or anything. A little, but not much.

Here is my post in another topic about my problems
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The list is so long, i will keep it short. Please dont ask me to elaborate.

Oh where to start

Growth hormone Deficiency
Depression
Asperger’s syndrome. I almost never direct someone to wikipedia, but it has a high asperger’s population base; thus, its article is very good.
Asperger's

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Asperger syndrome — also referred to as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's, or just AS — is one of five neurobiological pervasive developmental disorders (PDD) that is characterized by deficiencies in social and communication skills. It is considered to be part of the autistic spectrum and is differentiated from other PDDs and from high functioning autism (HFA) in that early development is normal and there is no language delay. It is possible for people with AS to have learning disabilities concurrently with Asperger syndrome. In these cases, differential diagnosis is essential to identify subsequent support requirements. Conversely, IQ tests may show normal or superior intelligence

(aspergers and depression are intertwined)
Um I hate myself, Have very poor self image, obviously. This is related to depression.

Something very few know (and i only say this due to the Anonymity of the internet)

After a long and painfull denial, i have come to the concusion that i am Asexual (not have interest in, or inclination towards, sexual behavior of any sort)

and the list goes on. But those are the biggies

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Nov. 20 2006,9:08)]I consider Asexuality to be the complete lack of sex drive or desire of sex. I am not sexually attracted to anyone or anything. A little, but not much.
It may not be a bad thing. Monks are celibate for a reason.

We have a lot of puppet strings we spend years trying to cut. You might think of this as getting a freebie.

I like Rubra's suggestion. One of the reasons that I was so tightly entangled in depression when I was younger was because I had a terribly codependent relationship with a very dear friend of mine who was also severely depressed. Ultimately, spending a lot of time with someone who was as depressed as I was wasn't very good for me, but being there for one another did give us both some temporary relief.
If you can find a healthy situation in which you spend time helping others, I think it could be a very positive experience for you. When you help out and do positive things, part of you can't help but feel good, even if you're depressed, insane, or heartlessly sociopathic.
Feel better friend.
~Joe

PS - Finch, I've been in your position before, as well. Try not to stress over it - some people just aren't as susceptible to their hormones as others. When you find the right person, things will happen, and it will be totally crazy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We have a lot of puppet strings we spend years trying to cut. You might think of this as getting a freebie.

I wish but it seems like i am completely missing out on something that everyone else seems to enjoy.

It can take many, many unpleasant experiences to learn how to have a healthy, productive romantic relationship. You may feel as though you've been left behind, but it could also be that you're just more responsible about who you give your heart to than the average person. I would encourage you to explore your feelings and learn about yourself, but you should remember: at the very worst, you might miss out on some good things, but you'll be missing out on a lot of really intense pains too.
~Joe

I wish I wasn't attracted to girls, that would be one less thing to worry about. But I think finch you just haven't found any one to really get along with.

Supposedly with the whole smart thing, Im apparently really smart I get above average in all my state tests and every thing, but in school I keep it under a 3.0... only made B honor roll 1 time... Wheres the C honor roll when you need it?

Farmer D, the best therapy for my teenage issues was joining the cross country/track team.

Didn't solve everything, but it sure helped in matters of self esteem (still couldn't talk to girls, but I only JUST figured out how to do it, and I've already been married for 4 years. Weird, that).

I think the excersize is the best thing to do for the moment. Give it about two weeks (if you do it every day, or at least five days a week) to see if it helps. Join a sports team, take karate, jog on your own, whatever. Just do SOMETHING.

EP is onto something. The medical community is too ready to pump you full of stuff you probably don't need.

I agree schoalty...
stay active. Getting depressed is natural and an important feeling to have. Also, it doesn't even have to be atheletic... join the chess club. I remember when I was in columbus and OSU had a club for everything (i.e. bullwhip club). My girlfreind runs the toy closet and auxillary at the local hospital and I volunteer to take care of the plants in the hospital. Point is, there are a thousand things to keep yourself occupied.
I also have to agree with the medication thing. A few people may need to take medication but for the most part doctors are just treating symptoms and not the problem.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Nov. 21 2006,11:32)]Farmer D, the best therapy for my teenage issues was joining the cross country/track team.

Didn't solve everything, but it sure helped in matters of self esteem (still couldn't talk to girls, but I only JUST figured out how to do it, and I've already been married for 4 years. Weird, that).

I think the excersize is the best thing to do for the moment. Give it about two weeks (if you do it every day, or at least five days a week) to see if it helps. Join a sports team, take karate, jog on your own, whatever. Just do SOMETHING.

EP is onto something. The medical community is too ready to pump you full of stuff you probably don't need.
As a 2 year track person myself(we'll see if the folks are going to let me this year) I definetly agree. Even if its not sports and outside of school any physical activity is good! I know some in martial arts, boxing, hunting, etc. etc. and they all seem to love it, and it definetly allows you to meet new people. Even P.E. if you do that is great start. I never really thought of myself as athletic, and being Asian being a sprinter in track is kinda a weird thing to do...mostly Asians seem to do Tennis, soccer, long distance running(me? Too lazy to run 8 miles every day), and occasionally football, but I surprised myself and others. If I happen to be feeling really bored or down I often go job over to a great park we have or sometimes go and shoot free throws(nope, not a good B-ball player, got interested in that a bit too late).

I read somewhere that the main way males bond is through activities(of course, I forget how females bond, and sadly it never talked of how females bonded to males). I agree. Its hard to get to know someone in a classroom, even harder in coagulated masses of carefully assorted people at lunch, but when you take a bunch of people, stick them together in a box, and shake them up a bit they get to know eachother. You make some history between you and the other person.

Also, I think what/how you eat makes a difference too about how you feel.

Back