0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picture what you think real love feels like. Conjure up all the emotions and imagery you can around it. Don't base it on previous experience, but on what you always hoped you could have.

Contrast that with what you have now. Try to list out all the ways it differs. You might be surprised by just how long the list gets.

All the answers are in your posts. Feeling the need to write them at all says volumes. Treat those posts like a mirror.

Being in love is like being on fire. If you have to ask whether you are or not... you're probably not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do like me and join the Marines. That will get you away. My lady came back but still I'm going in Febuary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 cents:
    Consider if something happened and you could never see your EX again. Could you deal with that? If so, you've already moved on. If not, you should probably work a little harder to move on.

-----

Basic bottom line --- life is too short to spend it with the wrong person.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Nov. 20 2006,9:49)]Being in love is like being on fire. If you have to ask whether you are or not... you're probably not.
    Very good analogy. I really like that. I would just add support to the "move-on" cause. It seems to me that she has set double standard expectations on you which she does not want to follow herself (the partying thing) which is unfair to you and the relationship. Being in a relationship is about being on a team.

The problem in relationships is that by virtue of the relationship each person will inevitably hold the other back. The two of you will never be as good or as strong as if you were not committed to each other; but, that is also the beauty of it. It is most important to find the person you don't mind sacrificing for in return for them sacrificing for you.

Additionally, it took me until my last girlfriend before I got married to realize this, but I finally figured out how easy it was to break up with the wrong girl. All through high school and college I was worrying about feelings and "it's not you, it's me" and blah blah blah... If she isn't "the One" then all you have to say is that "she is not the one for you and you are not the one for her." It's as easy as that and it will make the aftermath so much easier to deal with if you don't have the expectations that you and your soon-to-be ex-significant other aren't trying to stabilize the friend aspect of your relationship for post-breakup.

I dated a girl in high school and we were so in love. However, at that time we were not mature enough or individualized enough to handle how intense that relationship was. We had the most horrible breakup and did not talk, think, or look at each other for three years. However, after that time, we finally started to learn about ourselves and who we were as individuals and started talking again and became true friends (or pals). Two years later we got married. My point is, you maybe with "the One" but it may not be the time. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be; but, that doesn't mean it's meant to be now.

Good luck to you and just remember that you are young.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Nep AK.....How old are you? This will factor into my recommendations....
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im a Jr. In highschool.

Thanks for all the advice. We talked about it and it made sence. Its my fault and I think im going to try waiting, you guys might think that im being stupid, and think that I should move on, I cant move on from some one like this, this girl pulled me out of the gutter, I was cutting my self, drinking hard core, doing drugs.

Its not manipulative, its because I screwed up when I told her I wasnt sure if I loved her, and I cared about her, and when we broke up I was mad at her but I still had feelings for her, and their were times when i couldnt balance it out and i would be upset with her 1 day and sorry the next, and that just made things worse.

This is what I need to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12