What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

im not going to be so nice next year.........

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] As long as he releases each crying kitten back into the room after reeling it in.
Thats a interesting mental image.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]kill feral cats without thinking twice about
Seriously lots of people in my state support the shooting of feral cats, me included. Many rural people cannot say with certain how many cats they have because they are semi-wild, breeding like mad, and often run away. All those feral cats put a strain on bird populations, dont'cha know. Non-native, 'n all.

I was trying to gain some understanding with those points, but this struck me as interesting:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think we can all agree that killing other primates is a no-no. Perhaps it's because we are so closely related. Are we related to lions? Yes, but not so much as primates. Perhaps it's because they are SO smart. Same with dolphins. Who could kill a dolphin? A monster. Perhaps i'm a hypocrite for saying "Well, you can kill a deer or a lion but not a dolphin or an ape because they are so cute and smart!"

It seems odd to me that lives are given a value with relation to brain size and the close relationship to homo sapiens.

While obviously, animals do have smaller brains than us, racism and slavery was based a lot around the absurd notion that those with black skin were less intelligent than whites.

It was perfectly acceptable to many to mistreat (and kill in some instances) slaves over 200 years ago.

But we know that AA's are the same as us. Deer aren't.

We are animals too (OMNIVORES no less). that does beg the question, if we are meant to eat meat then why are we incapable of catching animals save for the reptiles and amphibians?

Man has this topic been hijacked.
tounge.gif

not like it would be the first time Nep G.
tounge.gif

while Alexis and the others dont agree with me, i havent read anything mean into their questions and responces so i dont much care that the thread went in a different direction. it was a more or less long, boring weekend for me so the disscusion with Finch was a welcome distraction

Back