Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Book of Revelation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to read this but I don't know what the right one is. Does anyone know anything about it?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .. There's only one dude... It's the last book in the bible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revelation is about the end times, the times we are now in. I would suggest getting the New King James Version or the Analytical Literal Translation to read it. These two versions are some of the very few that are based on the Byzantine manuscripts. I would not read a version based on the Alexandrian manuscripts. One of the Alexandrian manuscripts was discovered ''discarded" in a Vatican trash can with several different scribal glosses throughout.
    Check out any books by Dean Burgon on manuscripts. The Byzantine manuscripts have "blood" on them as faithful protestant men like William Tyndale and John Rogers burned at the stake at the hands of Catholic Persecutors for producing bibles in English for everyone to read. Sadly to say most modern versions are based on Alexandrian Egypt manuscripts and do not have the Godly testimony of faithful men and "blood' but do contain many variants from the received text which are needless.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say you should read either New American Standard, or King James bibles to read the this book.

BUT don't take every thing literally if you need help try and found out what Simple words that take on many meanings are in Hebrew. I know theirs a verse that talks about A virgin, and they got that confused with an unmarried girl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny you guys mention the Book of Revelation... I was planning on reading it last Spring, but never got around to do it.

I took a Religious Studies class for my GE requirements, and my professor made the book seem really interesting. We didn't go into much detail, though. As a result of the class, I acquired the King James version of the bible and the English Standard Version. Maybe I'll read it once winter break starts.

I was told that it is very symbolic and metaphorical and sometimes very difficult to understand, is this true?
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told that everything that happened in real life with the hurricane and all that other is in the book and that the end is coming soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is all VERY symbolical and even biblical scholars get headaches over it, usually the smartest struggle with it, and even then its almost impossible to understand allot of the stuff it has.

Alot of it doesnt make sence, but it might in the future... 20,30,60 years who knows?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast