What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPOD

• Thread starter JBL
  • Start date

JBL

Hi All,
I did a search in TF and found some discussion back in August. At that time, technoracer was looking for recommendations for around $300. Yikes! I wonder if there is a decent one for around $150. My son is into what he calls classic rock (Who, Zepplin, Stones etc.--makes dad feel old!).

Also, recommendations on where to download would be appreciated. I know nothing. Do any of these come pre-loaded with some selections??

You can post here or PM me if you prefer.
Thanks,
Joe (old guy w/o clue)

The 2 gig iPod Nano is 150. Sounds like what you're looking for.

Just don't get the iPod shuffle. It doesn't even have a screen!

I download all my music illegally. I use Limewire and Bearshare. If you want, you can do things the right (and safe) way and get Itunes and pay a buck per song, but Ipods hold a lot of mp3's so it adds up
smile.gif

screen = good

Look its ok, it is classic rock its ok that you were in the Classic rock era, it was a good era wasn't it?. I think you can get Ipod Nano's or Ipod Shuffles for that price range, but Just because its an Ipod doesn't mean its great. Theirs other Mp3 players. But then theirs the question of how will he get MP3's are you gonna pay for them, or are you gonna get them off the internet (lime wire that kind of stuff). I haven't done a good search for Mp3 Players cause I don't need to waste the money when i have a good one that holds 35 40 songs max, thats all I need I can change it around from day to day as well. But its looking kind of old.

Does youre kid want Style? Does youre kid want A screen?
Do you want to spend hundreds of dollars on an Ipod? Theirs a new Ipod nano its basically a clip. looks like it is about a couple inches by a couple inches. Either way IF its his first Mp3 player, or nice electronic equipment, consider how he would treat it. Would he handle it like it is worth? Or would it drop allot? Would it get destroyed? Would you have to send it in for a new one (which they have a nice plan to do that with). If you're kid would probably drop it or something I would consider Getting a cheaper one first then an Ipod next year if he can treat this Mp3 Player good, with out loosing it as well.

Thats my penny's worth.

Style is very, very important to me. Ipods are the way to go, but an equally good one (though not as pretty) is the one made by Dell. Either way you should get a leather case, or a skin at the very least to prevent scratches and drops. Everyone drops things.

Oh no, old people trying to buy electronincs. You should film the process. I'd grab some popcorn and watch that.
laugh.gif

ozzy why watch it when you can do it youre self?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ozzy why watch it when you can do it youre self?

do you try to provoke the mods or something? 'Cause if you do, their patience will eventually run out. Just a heads up

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 25 2006,7:53)]I download all my music illegally. I use Limewire and Bearshare. If you want, you can do things the right (and safe) way and get Itunes and pay a buck per song, but Ipods hold a lot of mp3's so it adds up
smile.gif
BitTorrent is faster if you configure it right.
~Joe

Joe,
My wife has the 30 gig iPod and I use my Pocket PC. I want to get something for music and not use my PPC so I checked ebay.
I just won 2 - 2 gig MP3 players off ebay to play with. They both cost me under $38.00 each with shipping. One looks like an ipod look alike and the other a USB flash drive looking player.
Here is the seller:
http://stores.ebay.com/tradeea....tQQtZkm

or Tiger Direct has some players on sale:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica....&Sort=4

As for music I found BitTorrent a few weeks ago and love it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]do you try to provoke the mods or something? 'Cause if you do, their patience will eventually run out. Just a heads up

It takes a lot for my patience to run out. It's Andrew that don't have a sense of humor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ozzy why watch it when you can do it youre self?

Cause it's not funny when I do it.
rock.gif

I guess youre right then ozzy huh?

Oh well.

I wasn't trying to start any thing. ozzy knows Im joking... well at least I hope so, other wise ozzy hates me and wants to beat me with my own arms by now..

I wonder what he is going to do. That sounds cool that you got those two MP3 players though, I have one that is preaty much a flash drive with buttons. No screen but I dont mind that. Simple minds are easy to please I guess huh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It takes a lot for my patience to run out.
Wha i must have really screwed up that time i got you arngry with me then
oh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Nov. 25 2006,5:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It takes a lot for my patience to run out.
Wha i must have really screwed up that time i got you arngry with me then
oh.gif
you make it sound like you did it quite often?

rock.gif
nah, not really/ im pretty good at not making comments that could be preceived as provocative (atleast, directly
nana.gif
)

I can't remember ever getting ticked off at you finch. What did you do?

LOL, this is getting kinda off topic.

Yeah, off topic! I'm gonna have to yell at you all now like the old fart that I am. Thanks to all for your advice. My son's sense of style is like JLAP but my sense of economy is like Elgecko. Old foggies love bargains...now waht about Ozzy provoking mods?
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]now waht about Ozzy provoking mods?
mad.gif

Did you type that right or did you mean to type poking?

Back