Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iPod and Limewire...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

ok i got limewire recently and its simply amazing!! i do have a few questions. i have an iPod nano and therefore have iTunes. i have been able to get songs from Limewire to iTunes but it takes a while and i have to keep deleting things... what i do is save my songs on a playlist from limewire then import that on iTunes. but once i need another song i have to redo it all over again and have to delete the old playlist. is there an easier way to transfer the songs from limewire to iTunes
    thanks
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, other than the name, Limewire sucks. I prefer bearshare but I can only download WMA's on it. If anyone knows how to find mp3's let me know!

It's been a looong time, but I can tell you there is a way on iTunes to add one song and leave it at that. I havn't used it since I was in the 9th grade so I can't remember how it works.

There's hope! Just wait 'till someone who knows they they are talking about chimes in

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get BitTorrent. It's much faster, and it's harder for the RIAA to level a lawsuit at you if you're sharing via BT, theoretically. Besides, you can get any sort of file from BitTorrent (not just music.)
    As for importing your songs to iTunes, just open the files up using iTunes and, unless you've changed the preferences from their default settings, they'll be copied into a library directory where iTunes manages things on its own. Once it's in iTunes, you should be able to delete the original file, as iTunes maintains its own copy in a folder somewhere (usually called 'iTunes Library' or 'iTunes Music.')
    Don't use Limewire's built-in playlist thing, it's a waste of time. The files themselves are all you need.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Get BitTorrent. It's much faster, and it's harder for the RIAA to level a lawsuit at you if you're sharing via BT, theoretically. Besides, you can get any sort of file from BitTorrent (not just music.)
    If we're on the topic of BT, then we need to talk clients. I use Azureus for managing my torrents, but another popular one (that I have yet to try) is utorrent.
    What do you use, Joe?
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cough cough.. someone tell me what to download for bittorrent and where cough cough...

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the official BitTorrent distribution, because it's the most compatible with trackers in my experience. A lot of third-party clients don't entirely comply to the BT standard, and some even 'cheat' to make it seem as though you're uploading more than you actually are, so many of these clients are banned by the more discriminating trackers. You can get BitTorrent at bittorrent.com.
    I'm on a Mac, so I have an exotic selection of BT clients. I liked Bits on Wheels, because it had some nice visualization tools to show which connections were doing what, but otherwise it was kind of underpowered and just a little buggy. I've also heard that TomatoTorrent was good, but it was so universally banned that I wasn't able to download a single thing of interest with it. BitTorrent works great, and has all the options that you find in other clients... the only downside to the official BitTorrent is that it doesn't allow you to cheat. You can even set upload limits, allowing you to be super stingy if you want to - all that you lose is the opportunity to misrepresent the amount of data you're contributing to the network.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember that you must agree (I'm pretty sure) to use those programs to only transfer files that you own etc. Not for downloading illegal copies of stuff. Be it programs, music, pictures etc.... Please do not discuss these programs in a manner that is not allowed by the laws. These topics will be removed if discussion of how to use them illegally continues.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... He's right guys. Only do things within the boundaries of the law. They are really cracking down on peeps these days.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast