Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel offers Palestinians 'hand of peace'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Ireal is violating international law to stay within their boundaries. If they would FOLLOW THE LAW things would be easier!
    I'm afraid the situation is just a tad bit more tricky than just that. If you look at the history of Israel and the surrounding areas, who HASN'T broken the law, or made a new law to cover up what would have been a blatant violation of laws in place.

As to whether they'll accept the talks... They'll be in trouble if they don't. But that doesn't seem to stop people nowadays.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, this is a joke by Isreal right? This doesnt even begin to adress the problem. They want Palestine to stop the violence, will they actully let them have armed police forces then? If not how is Palestine supposed to stop the violence? ask nicely? Of course at this point Isreal is looking to peace they control about 80% of the 1948 Palestinian state and more importantly they have taken control of Jerusalem which I see they didnt even mention in their "peace talks". Isreal in essence has taken everything they want from the Palestinians so its time to stop the violence. They dont even offer to stop restricting Palestinian access to Jerusalem, which is a holy city for Judeaism, Christianity, and Islam.

I will say though atleast Isreal is starting to admit maybe the Palestinians do have a right to live, but just not in Isreal. Also Isreal has made all of these promises before and never followed through with them, or violated their own agreements when it was advantagous for them. I really dont think Palestinians will agree to anything if the issue of Jerusalem is not adress and if Isreal is not willing to give back some of the other territory that it illegally siezed in wars they started.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree 100% that the palistinians got the land stolen, and I think they should get it back.

why can't they just become one state? Isrealistine Palisreal In all seriousness what the Palistinians want and deserve and is rightfully there's isn't that much land. Let them have it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so what do you think a batter deal would look like?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Ozzy. Neither has shown the capability to back up their words with actions. The militants in Palestine will launch rockets and suicide bombers. Israel will keep on retaliating. An offering of peace by either side is seemingly always empty. Neither side is trust worthy. They just keep offering empty words and no actions to back the words up. Hamas IMO needs to just let up on the hate so that they can get some recovery for the citizens of Palestine. I also hope that the Palestinians realize that hate doesn't pay the bills, and keep that in mind in the next election.
    -Doug

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it&#33 but 'That's funny ...'
    -Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you propose the Palestinian government stops the millitias with out an armed security force of their own? People always say that but Isreal will not allow Palestine to have an armed police or military force anywhere inside the occupied territories, leaving only millitias which are inherently difficult to control.
    As for the hating Isreal part, how would you feel if a group of people showed up kicked you off the land your family and tribe have owned for over a thousand years, killed young males in your family, forced you to live in a refugee camp, does not recognize you as having the right to visit your holy shrines, continues to bulldoze your villages and fields to build jewish only settlements, bombs your lands indiscrimately, kills unarmed civilians indscrimately, and in all intents and purposes commits acts of ethnic clensing? How would this make you feel? would you like there people? Palestine has tried electing the less militant groups for the last 40 years and their land has diminished and their people have suffered, wouldnt you try a more hardlined militant approach since all else has failed you?

A fair deal would be ONE SECULAR STATE with protection for all religions, unrestricted access to all holy sites in the area and no Jewish only settlements. Thats a fair deal one that does not favor Isreal so much. To support a two state solution is to support the destruction of the Palestinian people in their homeland.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The isreali's won't go for that because the palistinian population growth is at like 4%, and soon they will be the majority and have voting power in isreal. I think one secular state is good, however.

This is the problem. Remove religion from the government and there is peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isriel is never going to agree to that. So there is no hope. Anything less will be rejected, wich promises more of the same for both. Since thats the way everyone wants it, its hard to feel bad for them. Let them fight. Theyd all vote by their religin anyway, even n a single state
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast