Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel offers Palestinians 'hand of peace'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but they choose to continue the circle of violence. Israel retaliates disproportional to a rocket attack, Palestinians protest, militants fire more rockets into Israel, Israel retaliates, Palestinians retaliate with a suicide bomber, Israel retaliates again, etc....

The cycle can only end when one of the two decide to break it. Revenge has gotten them nowhere, but only more death and destruction. Sure they have a right to be angry, but do not take that anger out on innocent civilians. There are ways of dealing with anger besides violence. Both sides must realize this before ANY progress is made.

I get somewhat annoyed when people focus on the violence of Israel, and ignore the terrible acts of violence by Palestinian militant groups. No side is innocent or more moral than the other.
    -Doug

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it&#33 but 'That's funny ...'
    -Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAntiLion @ Nov. 28 2006,11:49)]Revenge has gotten them nowhere, but only more death and destruction. Sure they have a right to be angry, but do not take that anger out on innocent civilians. There are ways of dealing with anger besides violence. Both sides must realize this before ANY progress is made.

I get somewhat annoyed when people focus on the violence of Israel, and ignore the terrible acts of violence by Palestinian militant groups. No side is innocent or more moral than the other.
    I agree with you on all of this. Violence is not the answer, and Palestinian Militants are just as guilty of horrible things as Isreal is. The difference in my mind atleast is that the militants often times commit acts as indepent or small group actions which can be very hard to control. Just look at medical procedure clinic bombings or other acts of violence in the United States. The Isreali government however responds to a single rocket fired by leveling everything in the area that stands above ground level. what im saying is its alot easier to make a bomb at home than it is to make an F-16 with guided weapons. Am I saying either is right, no, but Isreal also works to deny the Palestinians any way to control these radical militants. If the militants have guns and the Palestinian government doesnt who is going to win in a conflict?

As for which side is more moral or less moral, well morality is a personal judgement and a subjective call so you can argue one side or the other or neither, but none of these answers is the "correct" answer.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sides are guilty of atrocities. Both sides will propose peaceful political posturing without solutions mutually agreeable to each. At first I was scared when Ariel Sharon was in charge. But after awhile he stopped acting like apolemist jerk. Then Olmert did the same. Queria seemed to scared to take on both Hamas and Arafat and Abbas started out doing the same. Both leaders need to see past their respective extremists and compromise.... just get something going in the right direction - and I don't mean "spins". I think that Hamas exists for the purpose of a Paletsinian State and the destruction of Israel. If they get their State, the fuel for their fire for the other gets greatly weakened.

The British Govt., some 60 years ago blew it. They offered the land to both. Israel accepted the offer and the Palestinians refused. Both peoples have an ancient claim to the land. In my opinion, they should both share it and Jerusalem be under UN control, since neither wants to relinquish it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be no peace ever. They will just fight until one side can't fight anymore. Then they will die off. We all know it's true. But from what my lady tells me is that it is Palestine and not Isreal. Everyone calls the land by two different names. I dunno. I just listen when she talks about it. she tells me stories and all that. She was there when bullets flew past her window at night. Her little brother threw rocks at tanks. It's all messed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] They will just fight until one side can't fight anymore
    but nothing is permenant. Remember the crusades? everything comes full circle
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 28 2006,11:27)]I agree 100% that the palistinians got the land stolen, and I think they should get it back.
    Using that logic:

You go on vacation for a week.
    while you are gone someone breaks into your house and lives there for 3 days.
    you come back, have the police remove them, and start living in your house again.

then people all over the world say "the people who lived there for 3 days should get the house back, because they lived there for 3 days..they had the house stolen from them when they were kicked out."

why is 1,000 years any different than 3 days?

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point Scot.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is 100% Israel's fault. Not a few decades ago, when blame rested with the surrounding Muslim nations. But Israel has military dominance now and doesn't need to be so stupidly vengeful. Israel's leaders have spent a couple decades acting like George W. Bush on crystal meth. And, surprise, they've created a disaster.

As an established government capable of centralized decsion-making, Israel must make the first move. With no more of the empty gestures tailored for sound bites in the Western media. The diffuse leadership of the insurgency can't start the process.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast