User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Story of how Satan came to be found in the bible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 06 2006,6:13)]Lol, Interesting how you make a comment asking me a serious question, then when I reply and was VERY nice about it considering everything, you make a comment like that. Now that's the christianity I know and love.

What kind of help? Sexual reversion therapy perhaps? Religions Brainwashing I mean bible camp?
    I said you needed help because you don't understand what I'm saying. The 2nd part of your message is another prime example of what I mean.

My beliefs are based from the Bible and I argue from that perspective. Your means of argument are plain and simple old-fashioned mud slinging.

Anyways you are taking this topic...off-topic. If you want to continue to mud-sling feel free to PM me and we'll continue it there.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, how was I supposed to take it dude? Considering the cicrumstances. Auctually, i think my reply was 150% in line with what you were saying.

Mud slinging? Ok, whatever. Just because I disagree with you on... pretty much everything, now i'm a mud slinger. That's cool. If you want to ignore the bad things god commanded that's fine. Slavery, forced marriage, selling of children, murder, I guess that's fine with you; I mean it IS in the bible afterall.

Told you I could get nasty, Antilion.

You're right. Let's get back OT. I'm not going to PM you, but thanks for the offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 06 2006,9:38)]A relationship with God is an abusive one? He must have been really abusive to you because all you have for Him is hate. Either way He still loves you!
    I don't know why it never occurred to me to Google "abusive relationship" and "god" together until now... looks like a few people have gone into the correlations at length already.

http://www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/relationship.html
    http://atheism.about.com/od/whatisgo...serAbusive.htm
    http://www.losingmyreligion.com/essays/abuse.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! VERY NICE! Never even crossed my mind before! Thank you EP!

"Religions like Christianity are abusive insofar as they encourage people to feel inadequate, worthless, dependent, and deserving of harsh punishment. Such religions are abusive insofar as they teach people to accept the existence of a god which, if human, would have long ago been shut away in prison for all his immoral and violent behavior."

I particularly liked that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 06 2006,8:24)]WOW! VERY NICE! Never even crossed my mind before! Thank you EP!

"Religions like Christianity are abusive insofar as they encourage people to feel inadequate, worthless, dependent, and deserving of harsh punishment. Such religions are abusive insofar as they teach people to accept the existence of a god which, if human, would have long ago been shut away in prison for all his immoral and violent behavior."

I particularly liked that one.
    Hmm....

If we are so worthless, and if we are so deserving of harsh punishment then why did Jesus come down from Heaven and die on a cross saving us from the ultimate punishment?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one ever said we were. You are making up things no one ever said. I believe is said "they encourage people to feel inadequate, worthless, dependent, and deserving of harsh punishment."

Inadequate, Well, i believe I'm an abomination last time I read the bible. One could interpret inadaquecy as depending on a god to "save" you.

Worthless, Hey, i'm just a worthless sinner. God, out of his graciousness, offers me salvation because without him I am NOTHING. Atleast that's what the christians would have you believe.

Dependant, well that's just self-explanatory.

Deserving of harsh punishment, I think eternal da mnation is pretty harsh. I deserve to go to hell because i'm a filthy, immoral, hedonistic sinner. Atleast that's what "some" people have told me, although in not quite as nice terms sometimes.

In a philisophical conversation, it's better to say things like "well, according to christianity" or "I belive" or "It's my belief, based on personal experience...." Or "according to the Bible, Jesus did this this and this". See, not everyone believes Jesus came down from heaven and died on a cross. You are presenting it as a fact, and while it may be to you, there is no way to prove it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Satan, anyone?

Does the bible tell us whether or not paper money should be changed so blind people can tell the difference between a 1 and a 20? Or whether NY should ban trans fats in restaurants to improve public health? If the bible is the final authority as to who's allowed to have a relationship with whom, it needs to also guide us through the other issues of today.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 06 2006,8:43)]If we are so worthless, and if we are so deserving of harsh punishment then why did Jesus come down from Heaven and die on a cross saving us from the ultimate punishment?
    There was an episode of Futurama where a guy thought his friend (a robot with little regard for human life/feelings/etc) was lost forever in the depths of space. While he was reminiscing, he looked at a picture of them where the robot was jovially dangling him off the torch of the Statue of Liberty by his foot. He said, wistfully, as if it was one of the nicest things anyone had ever done for him: "He didn't let go."

For some reason that's what popped into my head when I read that sentence.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast