User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Story of how Satan came to be found in the bible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 06 2006,8:52)]No one ever said we were. You are making up things no one ever said. I believe is said "they encourage people to feel inadequate, worthless, dependent, and deserving of harsh punishment."

Inadequate, Well, i believe I'm an abomination last time I read the bible. One could interpret inadaquecy as depending on a god to "save" you.

Worthless, Hey, i'm just a worthless sinner. God, out of his graciousness, offers me salvation because without him I am NOTHING. Atleast that's what the christians would have you believe.

Dependant, well that's just self-explanatory.

Deserving of harsh punishment, I think eternal da mnation is pretty harsh. I deserve to go to hell because i'm a filthy, immoral, hedonistic sinner. Atleast that's what "some" people have told me, although in not quite as nice terms sometimes.

In a philisophical conversation, it's better to say things like "well, according to christianity" or "I belive" or "It's my belief, based on personal experience...." Or "according to the Bible, Jesus did this this and this". See, not everyone believes Jesus came down from heaven and died on a cross. You are presenting it as a fact, and while it may be to you, there is no way to prove it.
    I was responding to the people who "feel".

There is no inadequacy when you have a relationship with God. God makes us strong when we are weak or unable. I don't see how this is abusive.

We don't have to depend on a God to "save", He already has and offers everyone that free gift.

There is no feeling of self-worthlessness when you have a relationship with God.

Matthew 18:10-14

I do depend on God and there's nothing abusive about that. It is a strength that I have the almighty God in my corner listening to my concerns and life struggles.

It is not abusive to know that for my sinful actions I deserve a harsh punishment. It makes me humble and eternally-grateful for what my Savior has done for me. Praise the Lord for taking my place!

Yes you're exactly right. I do believe it is fact that Christ came down from Heaven and died on a cross. So why would I present it any other way?!
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its kinda funny how the bible says that People are gonna not like you for what you believe, basically and it happens every day... this is just another example of it.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell, sometimes i think about the world and stuff that is foretold (just the other day Russia was talking about forming an allaince with Iran) and I think "wow, what if i'm wrong? I'm screwed" But the whole god stuff just really isn't applicable to my life (I say it's not applicable and it is so. Don't tell me "Oh but God's love is applicable to EVERYONE")

I'm happy with my life. It would be easier not to fight the opression that the Christian agenda tries to force upon me, but hey, whatcha gonna do? (and don't say "accept Jesus as your lord! or any of that other "stuff")

I am my own god.

Cody, I like you. You're an awesome dude! I don't have a problem with you'r beliefs. Hell, I don't have a problem with Outsiders beliefs. I DO have a problem when they try to force those beliefs upon us and they forget that america is a secular nation, or atleast supposed to be. you, thankfully, are very openminded and cool with everyone and that's why you'r cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 06 2006,9:58)]I think its kinda funny how the bible says that People are gonna not like you for what you believe, basically and it happens every day... this is just another example of it.
    All you're being asked to do is hold up to the same scrutiny everyone else has to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on JLAP, you were getting a little personal there. Don't single Outsiders out as the christianity pushing bad guy.

I think I'm going to give the bible another read. Haven't for a long while.

Also, I don't beleive that religion often makes people have the feeling of worthlessness. It's a great tool in my opinion so you don't have to stress what happens to you when you die or when life gets tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 06 2006,10:30)]I DO have a problem when they try to force those beliefs upon us and they forget that america is a secular nation, or atleast supposed to be.
    WRONG...

Our country was founded on Christian beliefs by God loving people. Not seculars.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Dec. 06 2006,11:36)]Come on JLAP, you were getting a little personal there. Don't single Outsiders out as the christianity pushing bad guy.

I think I'm going to give the bible another read. Haven't for a long while.

Also, I don't beleive that religion often makes people have the feeling of worthlessness. It's a great tool in my opinion so you don't have to stress what happens to you when you die or when life gets tough.
    Thanks man! I'm honestly only trying to provide truths and insight to questions about Christianity. It's not good when one side speaks for both sides if you know what I mean.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 06 2006,11:46)]
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 06 2006,10:30)]I DO have a problem when they try to force those beliefs upon us and they forget that america is a secular nation, or atleast supposed to be.
    WRONG...

Our country was founded on Christian beliefs by God loving people. Not seculars.
    Auctually I believe it was founded on religious freedom, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe atleast one of the FF's was Diest. Thomas Jefferson IIRC. He was pretty much secular. He even wrote a book, something like the Jefferson Bible. I believe he called the book of revelation the writings of a maniac. He rejected the divinity of Christ.

Even if it WAS founded on christianity, guess what? things change. That was a long time ago.

As far as singling him out, I'm not. If anyone else said the things he does i'd treat that person the same way. If my own mother said those things, I'd treat her the same way. Thankfully, my mother is secular. Yeah she believes in god but it doesn't play a big part in her life. Hell, we've never been to church. She doesn't quote scripture thank god! On the other hand, my grandparents on my fathers side and my great grandmother, well that's all they ever do. Go to church and read the bible. What a great life. It's interesting aswell how my grandmother was married 11, yes, ELEVEN times in her life, dropped my dad in my great grandmothers lap as a child so she could go off a screw every dude in town, and when my autn cought VD or something like that, my great grandmother kicked her out of the house. Now that's tolerance! Thankfully they were unable to spread their disease of religious fanaticism to my father. They are all seen as religious nuts by my family. They even bought us a subscription to Decision magazine. We're too polite to tell them we don't want it. We have as little contact with them as possible.

Outsiders, If I get personal and you can't take the heat, feel free to let me know and i'll back off. At the same time, don't hesitate to say something to me.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast