What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Story of how Satan came to be found in the bible?

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date
You have to remember that at the time the bible was written such violence by the rulers of the day were also commonplace; it was expcted. Even beloved rulers acted in such a manner sometimes.

I'm tired of arguing. At the end of the day you will be believe what makes you happy and I will do the same. You will live your life and go to church and I will live mine and go to raves. Let's be honest here, nothing we say will affect each other.

Do I have a grudge? Yes, but since it's a public forum, I will try to be nice. I have had to fight people trying to opress me my whole teenage life, and so yes I do have a distaste with Christianity in general. It's not that i don't particularly like Christians, it's just that I have been exposed to so many of them that twist words and don't practice what they preach (and that's being nice about what I say...). I don't believe you are one, for the record.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 07 2006,9:58)]"According to the Bible, God killed every human except Noah, his wife, his sons, and their wives in the flood. Were any of these people killed unjustly? The Bible says specifically that all people (except Noah and his family) had become corrupted.11

One must ask if the children who were raised to be "corrupted" are at fault. If it's all you know, it's all you know. Doesn't matter, god "killed them with cause" anyway. This "corruption" was compared to nazi's here. something tells me it's not on the same level....
The part I like is that it implies there were "corrupted" infants all over the world.

Drooling blabbering 3-month-olds everywhere were being hopelessly consumed by evil thoughts...

Lmao, You rock dude.

Stop it clint! Let it go....

what im getting at before is that assuming men wrote the bible, as you say, then they would have thought nothing of adding such things- as i say, it would have been commonplace of the rulers at the time.

Comprende?

I get it:)

But, still i think that this should keep going! It is a very interesting subject:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 07 2006,10:11)]Do I have a grudge? Yes, but since it's a public forum, I will try to be nice. I have had to fight people trying to opress me my whole teenage life, and so yes I do have a distaste with Christianity in general. It's not that i don't particularly like Christians, it's just that I have been exposed to so many of them that twist words and don't practice what they preach (and that's being nice about what I say...). I don't believe you are one, for the record.
I'm sorry you feel that way. However I have not twisted any words but provided scriptures and explanations of questions you asked. Whether you believe I'm a Christian or not is not for you to judge. God knows my heart and that's all that matters. Just because I'm not passive like some of my brothers and sisters doesn't make me any less a follower of Christ. My words may be bold and hard to swallow but they are true nonetheless. I will never hesitate to be a voice for my Savior here on these forums because it is important that the truth is heard. <3.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I will never hesitate to be a voice for my Savior here on these forums because it is important that the truth is heard

Good, good. I respect you greaty for that.

Nepenthes AK. Yes alot of the stuff I said was brought to light to me by the Davinici Code. I realize it is a fictional book, but it is based on actual rituals and other things. I tend to lean that way. I have never had a good feeling about the Catholic church. Despite what some may believe. The Chatholic church is the first organized group of christians before the 4 gospals were chosen for the bible. I got that from a national Geographic special. Christians were persicuted in the being of the religion, and each group of christians had their own gospal to read for their teachings. So there were many gospals being tought before the organization of the curch under catholosizm happened. It wasn't till years later that the different facets of christianity broke away from catholics.

Outsider my thoughts are not ludacris in my opinion. In the begining when christianity first started they worshiped in secret out of fear of persicution. Since many were killed for being Christian. The teachings were passed by mouth and then written in a gospel of so and so for each group of christians. It was one of the Catholic preists, I forget who, chose those 4 gospels to go into the bible. What made the others not worthy of being in the bible?

Outsider Yes I believe our founding fothers of this country may have been influenced by Judeo-christian values when forming this great nation, but had they wanted a religiously run government then there wouldn't be implied seperation of church and state in the first amendment. Granted the majority of the founding fathers were christian. Some were not. Christians are not all the lovely dovey group of people some like to make them out to be. There has been alot of bloodshed in the name of Christianity. Just like many other religions.

I personaly feel that this amendment says alot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
The first part alone would be enough for me to make it illegal for a state to ban gay marage. Since the law is undoubtably based on the religious belief that two men should not be married. I would consider making a law against it as establishing a religious belief that gay marrage is bad. So I would consider a ban unconstitutional.

Nepenthes AK said
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think its kinda funny how the bible says that People are gonna not like you for what you believe, basically and it happens every day... this is just another example of it
When you have such a radical view of things it is commone place to think this. It is very easy to think of what your oposition might say when you have a radical view of things and can see it from the other side.

I think I am with Clint. How can there be justification for Killing inocent children. They are not old enogh to know better, and only go by what they are tought. It is not their fault. I admit I didn't read the links. I think Clint read them and I trust his opinion on the matter. I cannot see, even as a whole, how it is justified to kill a child.

I find it rather strange how the bible is used to justify some things, but when it justifies something we consider bad like inncest, or stoning someone, many people just turn another cheek. The bible was used to justify slavery, but it is safe to say that we don't have Christians fighting and bashing people for not wanting to reinstitute slavery.

I have said it before and I will say it again. One day I will do it. I really need to read the bible so I can pick it apart. I am sure there are places in the bible that justify this that and the other. My thing is if it is good to justify this thing, bthey why don't you use it to justify everything? I mean heck the bible can be used to justify canabis use. And now I am quoting scripture. I don't know what scripture it is, but "I have given you all the seed baring plants and herbs to use". I don't see all the Bible thumpers using that to justify Canabis use. There is bouts of incest in the bible to IIRC. I don't see that being used to justify that. Isn;t poligomy in there someplace? Heck I want to use the bible to justify that. Then maybe I could convnce my wife having a second woman is acceptable, but we all know that will never happen. So why pick and choose what to justify and what not to justify? If it is in the bible it must be ok right? It is all what kind of stigma gets put onto something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 07 2006,11:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 07 2006,10:11)]Do I have a grudge? Yes, but since it's a public forum, I will try to be nice. I have had to fight people trying to opress me my whole teenage life, and so yes I do have a distaste with Christianity in general. It's not that i don't particularly like Christians, it's just that I have been exposed to so many of them that twist words and don't practice what they preach (and that's being nice about what I say...). I don't believe you are one, for the record.
I'm sorry you feel that way. However I have not twisted any words but provided scriptures and explanations of questions you asked. Whether you believe I'm a Christian or not is not for you to judge. God knows my heart and that's all that matters. Just because I'm not passive like some of my brothers and sisters doesn't make me any less a follower of Christ. My words may be bold and hard to swallow but they are true nonetheless. I will never hesitate to be a voice for my Savior here on these forums because it is important that the truth is heard. <3.
If you will re-read that, I believe I said you were NOT one of the christians that twists words and doesn't practice what you preach. It was the closest thing to a compliment that you're going to get from me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 08 2006,9:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 07 2006,11:36)]
[b said:
If you will re-read that, I believe I said you were NOT one of the christians that twists words and doesn't practice what you preach. It was the closest thing to a compliment that you're going to get from me.
My apologies. I must have been really tired last night.
blush.gif
Thank you.

No problem.

OK, I just read the last three pages, and I really don't have much to say. Except JB actually made some good points.

Josh, I see what you're saying about it being unconstitutional to ban something that many people would hold to be right. But the problem is our laws can't be arbitrary. They have to hold to somebody's notion of right or wrong. So we've got this beautiful democracy set up, and each of us gets to decide that for ourselves, and the resulting laws won't make everybody happy, but it works out for the majority and to some extent minorities as well. This means that if religious freaks are in the majority, the law of the land will reflect that. And if most of the voting population are zealous vegetarians, we won't see a lot of meat on our plates. Some people fight for what they believe is right.

Does incest bother you? Other than the fact that humans tend to inbreeding depression?

Peter

PS Satan's a whoar. Wisdom is sexy!

No peter it doesn;t bother me. I was just using it as an example. Many people think that is wrong, but it is in the bible. I personaly would not sleep with my sister, but I knwo some folks have hot looking siblings and so thats them. LMAO

puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif

Look everyone, it's the Awkward Turtle!

How are you doing today, sir? Still upside down? Well that's a darn shame.

Oh Awkward Turtle, how could anyone not love you?

Lol... incest always makes things awkward

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif

Sorry :\ yah all I'm saying is most people would probably agree that incest is just wrong... Many people feel the same way about homosexuality, and that's why they try to make laws against gay marriage etc. It's not a hate issue.

I think the biblical moral code is not the final code of laws for all time. It's just set of guidelines that protect us from our own weakness. But that would be a whole new debate
smile.gif

Peter

Back