User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Story of how Satan came to be found in the bible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well for a being that is so bent on love and wanting to be loved and second chances hes sure eliminated a lot of people hes created for doing "the wrong thing". Ex. The flood, the city he turned to salt. (Is the black plague considered an act of God?) Don't you find it strange that he would wipe these people off the face of the earth and give them a one way ticket to eternal darnation if he was all about loveing all his creations? You can't love and say "OR ELSE". Some free will that is.

I would be enlightened if someone could explain this in a way that isn't related to "God works in mysterious ways" or "We can't begin to understand the lord's plans". I would never base my life on an idea that I would admit to never being able to comprehend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Dec. 06 2006,12:20)]Well for a being that is so bent on love and wanting to be loved and second chances hes sure eliminated a lot of people hes created for doing "the wrong thing". Ex. The flood, the city he turned to salt. (Is the black plague considered an act of God?) Don't you find it strange that he would wipe these people off the face of the earth and give them a one way ticket to eternal darnation if he was all about loveing all his creations? You can't love and say "OR ELSE". Some free will that is.
    Look into the psychological tendencies of people who stay in abusive relationships and you'll find some downright uncanny parallels.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also find it interesting how God was a total jerk for lack of a better work in the old testiment, then a good guy in the new one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Dec. 06 2006,12:20)]I would be enlightened if someone could explain this in a way that isn't related to "God works in mysterious ways" or "We can't begin to understand the lord's plans". I would never base my life on an idea that I would admit to never being able to comprehend.
    If I could belittle my God and have knowledge of everything He knows...He wouldn't be my God.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Dec. 06 2006,12:43)]
    Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Dec. 06 2006,12:20)]Well for a being that is so bent on love and wanting to be loved and second chances hes sure eliminated a lot of people hes created for doing "the wrong thing". Ex. The flood, the city he turned to salt. (Is the black plague considered an act of God?) Don't you find it strange that he would wipe these people off the face of the earth and give them a one way ticket to eternal darnation if he was all about loveing all his creations? You can't love and say "OR ELSE". Some free will that is.
    Look into the psychological tendencies of people who stay in abusive relationships and you'll find some downright uncanny parallels.
    The Flood was used to cleanse the Earth because of the great amount of evil that was inhabitating the Earth then. God also promised never to do something like the great flood again. Also it never said the people who died were eternally darned.

Plagues, diseases, death all entered the world when sin did (Adam & Eve). Before then these things did not exist.

LOVE or ELSE? Nobody is forcing you to love Him or obey Him. It's funny how many people want a ticket to Heaven but don't want to love and obey God. You can't have both, if you don't love God and don't want to obey God then why even worry about salvation?

A relationship with God is an abusive one? He must have been really abusive to you because all you have for Him is hate. Either way He still loves you!
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one said the word hate except you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh lordy I couldn't stand reading the entire thread, but I did read a good portion of it.

I myself find it funny how you had an All mighty god with all his wrath and fury raining upon the earth in the old testament, but in the new testament he is this lovely dovey god. It is funny how a book can change the way the entire religion is practiced. It is funny how a man written book and be the basis of a religion, and claim it is the word of God.

Onto my opinion of the question that started this thread.
    The devil was manifested by the Church as a scare tactic. Ever wonder why there is not many places in the bible that mentions satin or many of his other names? Because it was added! The pentagram, A satanic symbol? WRONG!! It is a pagan symbol for the god Venus and fertility. The pitchfork. Was it wielded by Satin? NO It was King Neptune's Trident. Turned into an evil symbol by the CHURCH to push forward its own religion. There are many other symbols made bad by Hollywood and the church to further there own devices. Satan was just another excuse to get you to church more and strengthen the church.

This whole power struggle was invented! This whole good bad stuff was created to strike fear into people and pull them toward Christianity.

That is my opinion.

Believe what you want. It makes no difference to me.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 06 2006,10:43)]I myself find it funny how you had an All mighty god with all his wrath and fury raining upon the earth in the old testament, but in the new testament he is this lovely dovey god.
    Early gnostics found this discrepancy so bizarre they concluded that the two beings must be different gods, the true God (which had no contact with humanity except through beings like Jesus and Sophia), and the Demiurge, a false child-god... the "god of this world" (a title often given to Satan).

Some of them thought that the snake in the Garden of Eden was actually Sophia in disguise, and that the encouragement to eat the apple was a rescue attempt. It wasn't a total success, but knowledge allowed them to become aware of the divinity beyond the tyranny of the fraudulent god they knew.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast