What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Story of how Satan came to be found in the bible?

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date
Ant lion but Was it dreadlocks he had? You don't have to remove hair to Have dreadlocks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Dec. 05 2006,12:34)]If you beleive that God can predict the future, then you have to understand that even before he created you, he knew every event that would play out in your life and whether you ultimately would go to heaven or hell. Therfore you have to resign yourself to understand that either:

A.) Free will is simply an illusion and he created you solely to play out your life as his design.

or

B.) He is an imperfect being and cannot do everything(as in see the future).

Its not hard to understand that if you build a wind up toy with a sticky wheel it will only roll a certain way.

The only other option would be that he creates at random which would still mean hes imperfect because a perfect being creating at random would still know the exact outcome of his creation therfore nullifying the randomness.

That last one kind of went in a circle..
tounge.gif

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker = the best game EVER!
In what other way could God have created people who truely love him? If He didn't give us free will and the choice to choose then that love we would have for Him would be fake and artificial.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 03 2006,8:43)]"If we continue to neglect so great a salvation in Jesus, we are hardening our hearts to the Lord's word and eventually the opportunity to know the Lord will disappear forever"

Hmmm... I learned that it's never ever too late. Only if you die.

I could live a life of sin and parties then repent on my deathbed and as long as i'm sincere I could go to heaven. You never lose your chance until you die (that's if you are capable of understanding and have heard the truth)

Just my thoughts.
Jesus knows our hearts, motivations, and thoughts and what we did with the life that was given to us. When judgment day comes a perfect justice will be proclaimed.

Matthew 7:21-23:

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 05 2006,2:37)]Ant lion but Was it dreadlocks he had? You don't have to remove hair to Have dreadlocks.
Considering that dreadlocks didn't originate from the middle east, I would say no, but it did say that he had braids.

Edit: I stand corrected. Thanks Nepenthes_ak for that wiki article. Samson probably did have dreadlocks.

Well for a being that is so bent on love and wanting to be loved and second chances hes sure eliminated a lot of people hes created for doing "the wrong thing".  Ex. The flood, the city he turned to salt. (Is the black plague considered an act of God?)  Don't you find it strange that he would wipe these people off the face of the earth and give them a one way ticket to eternal darnation if he was all about loveing all his creations?  You can't love and say "OR ELSE".  Some free will that is.

I would be enlightened if someone could explain this in a way that isn't related to "God works in mysterious ways" or "We can't begin to understand the lord's plans".  I would never base my life on an idea that I would admit to never being able to comprehend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Dec. 06 2006,12:20)]Well for a being that is so bent on love and wanting to be loved and second chances hes sure eliminated a lot of people hes created for doing "the wrong thing". Ex. The flood, the city he turned to salt. (Is the black plague considered an act of God?) Don't you find it strange that he would wipe these people off the face of the earth and give them a one way ticket to eternal darnation if he was all about loveing all his creations? You can't love and say "OR ELSE". Some free will that is.
Look into the psychological tendencies of people who stay in abusive relationships and you'll find some downright uncanny parallels.

I also find it interesting how God was a total jerk for lack of a better work in the old testiment, then a good guy in the new one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Dec. 06 2006,12:20)]I would be enlightened if someone could explain this in a way that isn't related to "God works in mysterious ways" or "We can't begin to understand the lord's plans". I would never base my life on an idea that I would admit to never being able to comprehend.
If I could belittle my God and have knowledge of everything He knows...He wouldn't be my God.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Dec. 06 2006,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Dec. 06 2006,12:20)]Well for a being that is so bent on love and wanting to be loved and second chances hes sure eliminated a lot of people hes created for doing "the wrong thing". Ex. The flood, the city he turned to salt. (Is the black plague considered an act of God?) Don't you find it strange that he would wipe these people off the face of the earth and give them a one way ticket to eternal darnation if he was all about loveing all his creations? You can't love and say "OR ELSE". Some free will that is.
Look into the psychological tendencies of people who stay in abusive relationships and you'll find some downright uncanny parallels.
The Flood was used to cleanse the Earth because of the great amount of evil that was inhabitating the Earth then. God also promised never to do something like the great flood again. Also it never said the people who died were eternally darned.

Plagues, diseases, death all entered the world when sin did (Adam & Eve). Before then these things did not exist.

LOVE or ELSE? Nobody is forcing you to love Him or obey Him. It's funny how many people want a ticket to Heaven but don't want to love and obey God. You can't have both, if you don't love God and don't want to obey God then why even worry about salvation?

A relationship with God is an abusive one? He must have been really abusive to you because all you have for Him is hate. Either way He still loves you!

No one said the word hate except you.

Oh lordy I couldn't stand reading the entire thread, but I did read a good portion of it.

I myself find it funny how you had an All mighty god with all his wrath and fury raining upon the earth in the old testament, but in the new testament he is this lovely dovey god.  It is funny how a book can change the way the entire religion is practiced.  It is funny how a man written book and be the basis of a religion, and claim it is the word of God.

Onto my opinion of the question that started this thread.
The devil was manifested by the Church as a scare tactic.  Ever wonder why there is not many places in the bible that mentions satin or many of his other names?  Because it was added!  The pentagram, A satanic symbol?  WRONG!!  It is a pagan symbol for the god Venus and fertility.  The pitchfork.  Was it wielded by Satin?  NO  It was King Neptune's Trident.  Turned into an evil symbol by the CHURCH to push forward its own religion.  There are many other symbols made bad by Hollywood and the church to further there own devices.  Satan was just another excuse to get you to church more and strengthen the church.

This whole power struggle was invented!  This whole good bad stuff was created to strike fear into people and pull them toward Christianity.

That is my opinion.

Believe what you want.  It makes no difference to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 06 2006,10:43)]I myself find it funny how you had an All mighty god with all his wrath and fury raining upon the earth in the old testament, but in the new testament he is this lovely dovey god.
Early gnostics found this discrepancy so bizarre they concluded that the two beings must be different gods, the true God (which had no contact with humanity except through beings like Jesus and Sophia), and the Demiurge, a false child-god... the "god of this world" (a title often given to Satan).

Some of them thought that the snake in the Garden of Eden was actually Sophia in disguise, and that the encouragement to eat the apple was a rescue attempt. It wasn't a total success, but knowledge allowed them to become aware of the divinity beyond the tyranny of the fraudulent god they knew.

Sophia? Demiruge? Rescue them from what?

huh?

JB orchid guy you have been watching to much or reading Davinci code.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ver wonder why there is not many places in the bible that mentions satin or many of his other names? Because it was added! The pentagram, A satanic symbol? WRONG!! It is a pagan symbol for the god Venus and fertility. The pitchfork. Was it wielded by Satin? NO It was King Neptune's Trident. Turned into an evil symbol by the CHURCH to push forward its own religion. There are many other symbols made bad by Hollywood and the church to further there own devices. Satan was just another excuse to get you to church more and strengthen the church.

That is almost an exact copy of what had been said in the Davinci code!

The Reason that Satan wasn't noticed in parts of the bible is because The subject of the book had nothing to do with SATAN, Just how Romans was written to a group of people in Rome!

You have to look and piece together The whole Bible not just page by page. People are to lazy to look through the whole thing they look at Certain parts of scripture and it doesn't make since but it does when you actually take the time to go over it all and compare it all together!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Oh lordy I couldn't stand reading the entire thread, but I did read a good portion of it.

I myself find it funny how you had an All mighty god with all his wrath and fury raining upon the earth in the old testament, but in the new testament he is this lovely dovey god. It is funny how a book can change the way the entire religion is practiced. It is funny how a man written book and be the basis of a religion, and claim it is the word of God.

God has and always will be the same since the beginning of time to the end of time. The difference between the Old and the New testaments is simple...Jesus. The Old Testament was a list of rules and regulations that God provided His people so they could live Holy lives and be in connection with God. Obviously no one could obey these commandments and this created disconnections from God. God knew that the Old Testament wasn't going to be sufficient which is why it talks about the Messiah who would bring restoration and a true connection to God. Without the Old Testament there would have been no information about a coming savior or something to check the validity of Jesus.

If for the sake of argument you believe there is an almighty God, who can do anything and who created everything;

Then why is it impossible to believe that the same God helped the writers of the New Testament write the Books?

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are four separate Gospels that were written by four separate authors.

If the New Testament is a so called fairy tale, and man made meaning they just wrote anything they wanted and said it came from God;

Then why do all four books pretty much say the same thing about this man named Jesus Christ and his life? Why don't any of them contradict the character of Christ/God and what Christ said?

I think a major problem with accepting the Bible as true today is the fact that we live in 2006 AD and not 10 AD. Back in 10 AD they didn't have video cameras, they didn't have tape recorders and in fact they didn't even have a lot of things that we do today. Point is all they could have done to record this amazing event was write it in a book. This is also the same method lots of ancient historians used and we accept these old documents as truths. So why is it so hard to believe that this could be true as well?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Onto my opinion of the question that started this thread.
The devil was manifested by the Church as a scare tactic. Ever wonder why there is not many places in the bible that mentions satin or many of his other names? Because it was added! The pentagram, A satanic symbol? WRONG!! It is a pagan symbol for the god Venus and fertility. The pitchfork. Was it wielded by Satin? NO It was King Neptune's Trident. Turned into an evil symbol by the CHURCH to push forward its own religion. There are many other symbols made bad by Hollywood and the church to further there own devices. Satan was just another excuse to get you to church more and strengthen the church.

Everything is a conspiracy isn't it? Your first argument is just completely wrong. Pick up a Bible or do a Bible search. SATAN* is found loads of times from the Old Testament to the New Testament. Maybe you didn't find the scriptures because you were looking for SATIN
wink.gif.gif
J/K I had to! You also do realize that SATAN and DEVIL aren't the only names the evil one goes by?

Here's some information about the Pentagram:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

I'm not sure if you are knowledgeable about the 2nd commandment:

You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make for yourself an idol.

Also as a Jew/Christian you're not supposed to be involved with New Age things such as witchcraft. So you can clearly see how the pentagram is symbolic of demonic things.

I don't see how an image of SATAN* with a pitch fork would further the Church. You mean teeth mashing and burning flames just wasn't enough? Yeah lets draw SATAN with a pitch fork that will scare everyone....

SATAN existed before the church existed...your claims are just rubbish.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
This whole power struggle was invented! This whole good bad stuff was created to strike fear into people and pull them toward Christianity.

That is my opinion.

Believe what you want. It makes no difference to me.
wink.gif.gif

Actually the battle between good and evil existed before Christianity. Read the Old Testament and you will see for yourself. In the meantime I think your opinion is pretty clear. There is something about Christianity be it an experience you had at some church, or the lifestyle of following Christ that you are unwilling to follow because you like the way your living now. That's fine and that's your choice and God still loves you. But if you're going to argue theology and the Bible please have some better arguments because everything you posted was your skewed opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 06 2006,5:39)]In the meantime I think your opinion is pretty clear. There is something about Christianity be it an experience you had at some church, or the lifestyle of following Christ that you are unwilling to follow because you like the way your living now. That's fine and that's your choice and God still loves you. But if you're going to argue theology and the Bible please have some better arguments because everything you posted was your skewed opinion.
Yeah... I had the same experience. It was people like you saying things like that.

It's funny how you want people to have good arguments when arguing theology, but you like to argue theology in a political discussion.

Oh, and by the way, I think Satin is sexy...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 06 2006,5:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 06 2006,5:39)]In the meantime I think your opinion is pretty clear. There is something about Christianity be it an experience you had at some church, or the lifestyle of following Christ that you are unwilling to follow because you like the way your living now. That's fine and that's your choice and God still loves you. But if you're going to argue theology and the Bible please have some better arguments because everything you posted was your skewed opinion.
Yeah... I had the same experience. It was people like you saying things like that.

It's funny how you want people to have good arguments when arguing theology, but you like to argue theology in a political discussion.

Oh, and by the way, I think Satin is sexy...
JLAP:

I'm sorry you still hold a grudge against me because of my biblical beliefs on what a family should look like. I believe I also apologized to you and told you that my beliefs weren't meant to offend you. You are allowed to have your views and I'm allowed to have mine. You are allowed to post your views and I'm allowed to post mine. Your views could have personally effected me as mine has obviously done to you. But I didn't take them personally because I respect your right to have an opinion. Why am I not entitled to the same respect?

I don't hold a grudge. I'm past that. Now we are talking about this. The only reason I posted at all is because Josh is a personal friend.
I respect your right to have an opinion. It's true. That does not mean that I have to respect that opinion or keep my mouth shut. Same goes for you. Don't like something I say? Speek up. Maybe both of us will learn a little something.

I was just posting my opinion. That's the great thing about America. You see, in the biblical days I'd be dead right now. All those silly orders from your god to kill everyone for the silliest little things.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 06 2006,6:06)]I don't hold a grudge. I'm past that. Now we are talking about this. The only reason I posted at all is because Josh is a personal friend.

I was just posting my opinion. That's the great thing about America. You see, in the biblical days I'd be dead right now. All those silly orders from your god to kill everyone for the silliest little things.
Someone get this guy some
sign_help.gif

Lol, Interesting how you make a comment asking me a serious question, then when I reply and was VERY nice about it considering everything, you make a comment like that. Now that's the christianity I know and love.

What kind of help? Sexual reversion therapy perhaps? Religions Brainwashing I mean bible camp?

Back