What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

little box thingy(s)

• Thread starter xvart
  • Start date
I barely remember. He was a jerk.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 02 2006,1:25)]I and all the other mods lost our squares when a certain powermad mod had his name turned red took all of our little squares of affection away.
rant.gif
I don't know about "powermad" but it is true that I decided to removed squares given as jokes. I'd like to see the square system come back in use for its REAL intention. That is identifying those whom we need to watch for "misbehaving" on the forums. Right now, we just verbally PM the "offender" but it seems these "warnings" get CONSTANTLY ignored. Maybe if each time we have to Pm them, a square comes with it, and 5 squares means you can't post... Maybe our warning PMs would get their "power" back.

As a side note,
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I want 5.. i'm serious that would be cool if you did that for me
smile.gif

I think this will be fun. And perhaps keep people from asking for them for fun. See you in a few days. Hope you have fun reading and not posting.
nana.gif

PS
On a side note, if you know of someone that has residual squares (I just took care of bugweed, thanks for the heads up) please send me a PM so I can clear them. Thanks.

I think Andrew needs a square.
slap.gif

I knew it had to be a admin! Heh.

And JLAP said 4. 4!

ah oh well. I supose it wouldnt be right to laugh (Stifles a giggle) at clint's [*snort*] being made an example of. (hehe)

He said 5. That was the original request
bigsmile.gif
laugh.gif
teehee
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 02 2006,6:43)]I knew it had to be a admin! Heh.
It huh?
mad.gif
lol *Gets squaring machine ready*

Oh well i tried. And i think that PM- square thing is a good idea, BTW

Thank you finch (my new best friend btw
oh.gif
) 0zzy doesn't think so... He'd rather it be a joke...
down.gif

Alright now, Andy, you're about to get one of those little sqaures yourself.
mad.gif

let me elaborate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
I don't know about "powermad" but it is true that I decided to removed squares given as jokes.  I'd like to see the square system come back in use for its REAL intention.  That is identifying those whom we need to watch for "misbehaving" on the forums.  Right now, we just verbally PM the "offender" but it seems these "warnings" get CONSTANTLY ignored.   Maybe if each time we have to Pm them, a square comes with it, and 5 squares means you can't post...  Maybe our warning PMs would get their "power" back.  

You have a problem, you have a solution. If your current tactics are not working, as a administrator it is your job to find some that do. This box thing doesn’t let just the person know that there on a list, but it lets everyone else know. If this thing ever becomes serious, this would serve as a little public slap on the wrist, a point of embarrassment, wich would be further  motivation not to get on it. Does this mean I advocate publicly spanking bad members? Of course not, but it would be evidence every time they look at this that there is a list and everyone’s keeping track. I have never been in big trouble here, but I have not heard a whisper that there was a consistent POLICY for misbehaviors, and things are allowed to go on with simply verbal PM warnings and such until a mod runs out of patience and the person is banned. I could be wrong, of course, not knowing the inner workings, but from where I stand, I don’t think so. I don’t believe that if we got serious about this ozzy would just use these as jokes. It may be fun, but we can live without them.

Keep in mind this is not a lectue, but things from my point a veiw. This is how it is as i see it, atleast. But you ultimatly know whats best, and i dont.
wink.gif.gif

Back when i joined TF, I always thought the squares were given to people that were on their way to become mods. I believed that those people were granted pre-mod abilities, like locking posts, ect.
Oo.gif

Until today (reding this post), I never knew what they meant...

YEa I am with Joossa and ive been a member for a little bit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 02 2006,7:58)]Alright now, Andy, you're about to get one of those little sqaures yourself.
mad.gif
I know how to remove them.
wink.gif.gif

Finch- that sounds about right. We really really try not to ban people and such. And I'm not saying we're GOING to start using the squares as I said above. I was simply saying if we needed to, it just really wouldn't be "available" to us since they've been used for fun for so long. That's all.
smile.gif

Cool! Thanks!

I can post now, but will I be able to later? Hope so... I like my post count and don't want to make a new SC!

Did andrew do this? Thanks!... unless I can't post tomorrow
sad.gif

Yes, I did it. Sorry I forgot to remove your posting abilities. 5 Squares comes with not being able to post (unless I forget to check the box :eek:pps: ) It's all better now though... er... not all better pending how you look at it.
Andrew
nana.gif

I should learn to keep my mouth shut...

Lesson learned

LOL That upset over 20 mins er whatever of no posting?
rock.gif
at least we were PMing back and forth to keep you busy haha
bigsmile.gif

Lol, I thought i would be banned for like a month lol, especially after you said It would take longer to learn my lesson lol

you really worried me lol

hahaha- yah, I was having a little (alot) of fun with your head there.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Dec. 03 2006,11:59)]hahaha- yah, I was having a little (alot) of fun with your head there.
laugh.gif
...0zzy II....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Dec. 03 2006,9:42)]...0zzy II....
Comments like that, and you'll be next. not for mins, hours, days or months... but YEARS!
nana.gif
jestera.gif

Back