What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stumpy...........................pics....

the newest addition to the zoo and already attempting to eat me out of house and home.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395-1.jpg

IMG_0394-1.jpg

he's a half grown bearded dragon that was given to me this weekend.....lil bugger attempted to eat his weight in roaches at lunch today

I love him!

His name is stumpy?

Why not Horny?

I always thought one would be cool!

due to the partially missing tail and a few missing toes the girls went with Stumpy

okay. totally relieved... i thought you had chopped a finger off or something whe i saw the title to the thread.

pretty lizard. do they make good, happy pets? are they easy to care for?

good pets, great attitude(occationally you come across a mean one) totally captive bred. dines mainly on insects when young and mainly on plants when adult but a variety of both is important through out. one of the better pet lizards due to temperment and the fact they are diurnal. however they are a medium sized lizard(around 2 feet long as adults, usually a bit less, rarely more) and one adult needs a 55 gal sized tank minimum, more space needed for more lizards in a cage.

no matter what you read they CAN NOT live on just the prepared foods you buy at a pet store(pellets ect) they need fresh food as well. they are desert animals that get most of their water from food, it has not been proven that they will drink more to make up for the lack of moisture in the pelleted food. but the pelleted food makes a nice addition to insects and veggies

LOL @ est
tounge.gif

What does diurnal mean? I've wanted a Beardie for awhile now, I always wanted to call mine Spike
tounge.gif

It means they are active during the day, like us.

Very pretty lizard...and little girl.
smile.gif
I'd take the kid over the lizard though...kids are more fun.

Got it, thanks JLAP

Rattler, great beardie! Do you know if it's a special morph? (the color seems unique...)

I was going to say the same thing joossa. Stumpy seems really light colored, the ones I've seen are mostly a darker tan or red.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 05 2006,9:20)]Very pretty lizard...and little girl.
smile.gif
One of my favorite reptiles. They are one of the few social reptiles. Unlike most reptiles, they love attention. They are very cute when they are babies too.

OK Pak, you take the girl, I'll take the bearded dragon. I'd take a reptile over a kid anyday.

So, Rattler, send me the lizard, send Pak the kid and Pak will send you Charlie in return.

Lizards don't grow up to resent you...

Oh God! I'll never make a father!

Lol, my rants are starting to scare me, too....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 05 2006,11:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 05 2006,9:20)]Very pretty lizard...and little girl.  
smile.gif
One of my favorite reptiles. They are one of the few social reptiles. Unlike most reptiles, they love attention. They are very cute when they are babies too.

OK Pak, you take the girl, I'll take the bearded dragon. I'd take a reptile over a kid anyday.

So, Rattler, send me the lizard, send Pak the kid and Pak will send you Charlie in return.
That last sentence was great!
laugh.gif

Back