Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A New Dollar on the Horizon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't be too hard to do. I think we're the only country I can think of that has all of our paper money the exact same size and feel.

They could put them on different textured paper, or make a little textured section. They could put holes or embossed bumps on them. They could make them slightly different size. It shouldn't be too hard to do - and frankly it would be good for all of us - it's hard to tell how much money you have with a stack of identical looking bills, and it's easy to accidentally pay too much or too little for something.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still going to cost us.......i have no problem figuring out how much money i have but i can read and count.

still say the best solution is for the blind to use the readily availible debit cards but prehaps that solution is to simple to work. seems to be working well for those of us with the ability to see. cant figure out how it wont work for the blind.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to print new bills anyway. New bills usually have tweaks to their design anyway. Is this really a big step?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    being a printer and basically knowing how they print the bills i would say it would prolly be quite an increase in cost to change sizes........sure we change our bills every so often but size has remained the same. what are you going to do about all the ATM machines throughout the country and all the others that take bills. i would think all would have to be reprogramed or if we go with bills larger than current ones rebuilt. possibly rebuilding the current ones even if we just go smaller instead of bigger. whos going to pay fo all that?

the use of debit cards just seems like more of a real world solution and i would guess most blind ppl who are worried about being ripped off due so. this case sounds like another "My Coffee Burned Me, So Im Sueing" kinda thing. someone wants their name in the papers or $
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with rattler.

They cannot change the size of bills without a major overhaul of EVERY device made to handle, fit, store, and distrubute the cash. And the texture is actualy one of the best identifying fetures of authentic paper money.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea, I think their should be some kind of small portable scanner for the blind. Like what they use in soda machines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isnt paper too flimsy?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about the size, but that's not the only way to do it. Would embossing be a big deal? I could see the country embossing money one day just as a design element and a measure against counterfeiting. Why not take it a little step further and make it useful?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast