Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A New Dollar on the Horizon?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think gold coins would be cool, personally. I could wear them in a sachel around my neck and covet them like Golem.

My precious....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mokele i belong to two service organizations and wind up donating more time than i prolly should to helping others..........if ppl actually care they will find away to deal.

as for the burning building thats just idiotic. busted leg or not a flight of stairs aint stopping me from attempting to save my **** but in such situations im not the type to sit and mope about what i can and cant do. i would do my best to get my **** to safety.

and in this situation your not talking about safety. your talking inconvienence. a store clerk shorts you sue the nice guys.........any jury will side with you.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is what the tresury department has to say about this topic and their durability. EVERYONE should read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] I believe that the Treasury Department should add braille markings to our currency to help the visually impaired. Are there any plans to do this?

You may be aware that over the years, the Congress considered several legislative initiatives to incorporate such features in United States currency. However, it never enacted any of them into law. Also, our Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) has conducted several reviews in the past of our currency system. They evaluated the incorporation of Braille symbols and/or other design features into currency to help the visually impaired.

We understand that the National Academy of Sciences and the Committee on Currency Features for the Visually Impaired have also studied this question. In these studies, individuals evaluated features that could be incorporated in the production of United States currency notes that would enable blind and visually disabled people to more easily determine the denomination of a note. Previous studies surrounding this issue suggested that several modifications were possible, including Braille dots, raised symbols, cutting corners, producing notes of different sizes, or with perforations. The studies have shown that the durability of these modifications is limited. Research into features to help the blind will continue.

You may be interested to know that the Series 1996 $50, $20, $10 and $5 currency notes include a large dark numeral on the back of the note that will help millions of people with low vision to identify the denomination of their currency.
    http://www.treas.gov/education/faq/c...oduction.shtml

Quote[/b] ]It cost the government much more to print $1 bills than they are worth. Your concerned about cost until it inconviences you.
    Even if that were true (source), money AS A WHOLE does not cost more to produce than its value. A 25 cent coin does not cost 25 cents to produce, an 20$ bil does not cost 20$ to produce
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making that big of a change is beyond us. We need to lower our expectations. Start simply, such as by developing a system of giant laser guns to shoot speeding missiles out of space. Or maybe by building a giant wall to keep the Mexicans away.

We like to stay within our limits and how can we ever hope to match Europe's or Canada's advancements in paper money? Like different sizes - how will technology ever cope with that? Hmmm . . . maybe that kind of advanced technology could even work for coins. Imagine a vending machine that could take different sized coins. Wow.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMAO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] Or maybe by building a giant wall to keep the Mexicans away
    would prefer a wall that kept the cold air in Canada.........that would do far more good for the US
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK i solved the problem. All we need is the laser. with some modifications i bet we can make it not only shoot down missles but also shoot down the illegal immigrants, then we use it to give laser eye surgery to the blind, and when we are done there we can use it to warm up Canada so that there isnt the cold air anymore. This will save us billions. I expect everyones vote in 2008 when I run for president for coming up with this brilliant plan. With the save money I as president would then take a vacation. LOL.

Honestly how much can this cost. And regaurdless of how much it costs maybe its time the United States focused more on things with in its own borders than on dominating, I mean influencing the rest of the world.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can also finish off the icecaps. That'll teach them to break off into the sea.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast