Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you guys sci-fi buffs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Do you guys like sci-fi?
    Definitely; I read it, watch it, and write it, and I'm always on the lookout for interesting new concepts and books/movies/series.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Mystery Science Theater 3000! I remember when I was a kid and the SciFi channel was just starting up they had this crazy promotional screen that just scrolled through all this random stuff and looked like the view from a space shuttle and spirals and stuff. It was counting down until Thanksgiving and then they showed a week or so of MST3K! That was my first experience with MST3K and I was hooked.

I also love reading SciFi books. I love reading about futuristic technologies that end of becoming reality. One of my favorite SciFi books is "Red Mars" which is about colonizing Mars and everything that is talked about in the book is completely plausible.

To infinity and beyond!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am a sci-fi junkie. No cable so no real TV shows but my library is fairly extensive (though I have dropped off large boxes at used book stores on numerous occasions.)

Some of my favorite authors:

Card
    Brin
    Hamilton
    Stableford
    Bear

JLAP asked
    Quote[/b] ]Ever see the Petshop of Horrors anime?
    I have indeed. Very entertaining though somewhat disturbing.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 05 2006,11:40)]

Want to really dork out? I used to like Star Trek: Voyager.
    Hell's yeah! Voyager! Used ta watch the original series alot when I was a kid too, as well as Dr. Who.
    The Aliens movies are my favorite as is 2001, but I like alotta old stuff too like Forbidden Planet, Them, Earth vs. the Flying Saucers.... I've loved Godzilla throughout his career, Godjira w/ subtitles is the best one.
    But I just gotta say: Star Wars and Star Trek are both Awesome! Stop the Hate!!!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, i'm too much of an idie buff to like Godzilla lol. , but the Alien movies are some of the best.. alien movies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, those Aliens are the coolest.... uh, Aliens
    haha
    What's idie?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry lol. Indie.

I like independant films. You know the ones you hardly ever hear about. I watch IFC a lot lol.

Y tu Mama Tambien and Velvet Goldmine are two of my faves. Party Monster too, if you can consider it independant. I think it was just REALLY unpopular lol.

Friend Green Tomatoes, while not indie, is still the best movie ever made IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Dec. 05 2006,12:45)]Sci-fi is all about the Dune series.... The books are absolutely brilliant....In some ways, it seems like it'd be best suited for an animated production... Anyone else read the Dune books?
    Dune is an awesome creation. I am waiting to see a GREAT production of it someday. But, nothing will be as good as the books and what they help your imagination see.

I read all kinds of sci-fi all of the time. I, too, fear that I may be a big nerd, but at least I have good company

Get this - my 4 year old son LOVES Godzilla. He has seen about 13 different ones and he knows all the monsters names! He gets so mad when I come home with a new one from the video store and he has already seen it.... My 7 year old daughter HAS to watch Dr Who every Friday now....
    My God, what have I done they are nerds before they could even choose!
    All proofs inevitably lead to propositions that have no proof. All things are known because we want to believe in them.

My Growlist updated with available trades and pictures - PM if interested

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast