What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New York- saving us- from ourselves!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]At least our bodies know what to do with that old stuff.

which gets me back to one of my original questions..............are eggs, currently, good or bad for you? its flopped so many times i dont remember anymore
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 08 2006,9:38)]
[b said:

which gets me back to one of my original questions..............are eggs, currently, good or bad for you? its flopped so many times i dont remember anymore
tounge.gif
Egg whites are fine to eat. In fact, an egg every couple days is fine to eat, but you shouldn't eat more than 2 whole eggs in a week; but, you can eat as many egg whites as you want. Egg yokes have a lot of cholesterol, which is the problem.

xvart.

Have eggs really ever been "bad" for you? Maybe high in chloresterol or something... But I don't think it's ever been like eat 2 eggs a week and all this will happen to you. I could be wrong on that. More of a question.
smile.gif

But yes, we are learning. Stuff changes all the time. Don't drink alcohol, drink 6 oz a day of red whine... another that changes alot. But one time they though running hydrogen through oil was a good thing... And now they know it's bad. I really doubt they'll ever say transfats are good for you. Now that they know what's going on. ...i could be wrong though, but I doubt it.
smile.gif

i could get brain cancer from my cell phone

i could have a heart attack due to my diet

yeah know what, i could also freeze to death because im broke down beside the road and i didnt have a cell phone and i could choke to death on a freaking carrot.................a major componant of life is death.........its rather inevitable...............since i believe we only get one shot at this, and since i believe if yah do it right one shot is all yah need i dont want some freaking government commitee desiding for me what i can and cant do, im perfectly capible and willing to take the responsibility of making that desission myself and blaiming no one else but myself when it goes wrong..........as i said if im that worried about the state of my food ill raise my own, that way i know whats in it. if im going to take the easy way of getting a meal i FULLY realize i may be taking a risk. hell i would be more worried bout samonella or E. coli in my food that trans fats, and if you have a resonable diet they are more of a concern than trans fats.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xvart @ Dec. 08 2006,8:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 08 2006,9:38)]
[b said:

tounge.gif
Egg whites are fine to eat. In fact, an egg every couple days is fine to eat, but you shouldn't eat more than 2 whole eggs in a week; but, you can eat as many egg whites as you want. Egg yokes have a lot of cholesterol, which is the problem.

xvart.
dang it so my 4 egg, 3 cheese and honey baked ham omlettes arent good for me?

oh well least ill die knowing what good food tastes like
woot.gif

lol- I've put my views in, and at this point typing out the facts is getting pretty redundant. So I'm out. Everything we do can cause a problem. Why add another that is totally avoidable?
P.S. I use headsets when on the phone, and I jog at least every other day. So brain cancer (from phone use(which is not actually proven yet as far as I know )) and a heart attack are lower on my worry list. Also I live in Arizona so I doubt I'll freeze. And I try not to walk around while eating carrots.
smile.gif
But I think we've both put up quite a bit of information here for people to review. Which is why I'm in this discussion, not to try and change your mind.
Andrew

been a rough week here..................first time in 5 years that i actually was very sorry i quit toking up, had the girls not been here i prolly woulda went and found some.......was real close to sending them for a night at their grandparents and doing just that on tuesday night.........if the wife leaves for a week again and leaves me here to put out the paper i think im gonna kill her........especially with our current staff.............ive said it before, ive seen the boss's job and I DONT WANT IT..........hard to believe adults can be worse that the 8 and 11 year old i have to deal with at home................

doubt we will ever change each others minds Andrew.........sure is fun discussing though
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 08 2006,8:31)]i just find it funny.........we went to vegitable oils and trans fatty acids and all that crap because butter and lard were bad.......now we are going the other way............if yah want to fry something do it in butter or lard, they aint good for yah but they are better than the alternative that we told yah to switch to X number of years ago.
Hells yeah! The more butter the better!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 08 2006,6:57)]This step seems like a dead-end to me. A ban like this can only exist in New York- or San Fran
tounge.gif
Hahaha!!! You're totally right! That's where they think they know what's best for the people who can't take care of themselves so it's the responsibility of the council to make the right decisions for everybody.
I've lived in both and am sick of the constant attack on peoples personal freedoms, and the persons who exploit what freedoms are left making the council consider banning those freedoms too!

This is not an attack on personal feedoms. These things were added and were not suposed to be there in the first place. Like Andrew said. They didn;t know when they asked us to change to it. Now they know the best fats are the unsaturated fats like veg oil and saflower. Any oil that is a liquid at room temp. Saturated fats like lard and other fates that are solid at room temp are bad for you. Man made transfats were are not eve suposed to be on this earth and are HORRIBLE to your body. Did you know that store brand peanut butter has hydrogentatred oils in it? I am trying to get my wife to stop buying transfats, but she doesn't take the time to read labels, and thinks I spend to much money when I shop for groceries.

Transfats are bad and it is showing. The obesity is skyrocketing. I knwo you say it is your personal freedoms, but Rattle sometimes you don;t have the choice bro. The cheaper foods are the foods that contain transfats. It is not just the restaraunts that have it. Just aboutEVERYTHING has it. Now you should know by now that I am with you on the fact that I don't think we need any more government regulation, but the fact remains that the public is not educated on this matter. Also alot of people cannot afford to buy foods with no transfat in it to cook at home. Alot of people do not have the time nor space to grow their own food. I knwo I have the space for a garden, but I couldn't grow my own chickens because I am in the city limits and it is against the law. I don't have the room for cows and couldn't raise them if I wanted to. My garden wouldn;t sustain that much food because I don't have that much room or that much time to tend to it. Those people that live in appartments would just be up poop creek too. They have NO room to garden. So I fel these laws are needed because the companies are just not going to do the right thing. It hurts there bottom line not using trans fats and there is just not enough pupblic knowledge to do anything about it right now. Trans fats are not listed as a poison yet that is why they cannot charge it as poison. Plus it kills you over time and not fast like arsenic. Yes it still reaks havoc on the system.

Last I heard eggs were good for you. Even though the yolks are packed with cholesteral they help raise good and lower bad cholesteral. Look at the farmers who always had 2 eggs in the morning and lived to be 90 and 100. Granted they workedhard too, but still they had their whole eggs every morning.

That is another thing too Rattler. A few years ago we did not know that there was a such thing as good and bad cholesteral. It was all bad and the lower the better. We now know that the good cholesteral helps protect against heart attacks to a certain extent. That is why there is a range for both.

Bottom line is trans fats are bad, but even with proper knowledge it is hard not to eat them every now and again and if 5 grams a day is bad for you, then people are ODing on them and ot even knowing it.

This thread has opened my eyes on civil liberties. I say we should all start sending letters to our congressmen telling them we want the Safe Drinking Water Act pulled off the books. After 30 years of their babysitting I've had enough. I'm tired of them dictating what should and shouldn't come out of my tap. What I put in my body is my responsibility and mine alone.

Lol, I love it

LMAO That is a good one End. Good one. We have a choise not to drink the tap water. We could buy bottled water.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In all seriousness though a friend of mine lives in Jackson SC and she doesn;t drink her tap water because there is something in it that only a R/O water filter will remove and she cannot afford to get a house one. So she buys bottled water. She has one of those water coolers inher house because of it.

I'm resurrecting this topic because today's news said some CT legislators plan to introduce similar antitrans fat legislation in CT. Should be fun to watch.

Back