Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to share some news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 06 2006,12:22)]Congratulations! I hope you both will be very happy. My advice...don't spend money on a wedding. Spend it doing something fun for the both of you....party, trip, etc. Leave out the crazy family members and do what makes y'all happy.

Oh man I can't imagine Jeff's mom being at the wedding! His first wedding his dad was soooo drunk, it was not good! That won't happen this time cause his dad has passed away but I still have to worry about his mom. When I told her this morning that Jeff and I set a date, she said oh wow I'm so happy, but 2008, gee I hope you two can stay together that long! I was like uh YEAH we will! No big wedding, we don't have the money for it and probably won't in 2008 either. I like PAK's idea, sounds good to me! Thanks for the congrats, I'm still all smiles

Oh and my flower bouque I want to be Sars!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks nep_ak!

I just called my mom at work (in Canada) to tell her the great news. I couldn't wait any longer, I had to tell someone in my own family! I don't know what to say,lol. I told her and she was SHOCKED! I mean really shocked. She sounded very confused, and I'm like what are you shocked about, you knew this might happen! I said it's not till 2008 so you have some time, she said oh good 2008 is good,lol! She had to let me go cause she just kept saying, I have to sit down, I have to sit down! Thank goodness she works in the hospital! She said she really IS happy but I'm her only child so this is HUGE for her, and that's all fine and dandy but I thought she would be screaming for joy and such! She said she'll call me when she gets home from work, but now I'm worried that she's crying her eyes out, as am I cause I really thought she would be overjoyed! I don't know how to feel, I'm really confused In the movies, everytime a girl told their mom that they're getting married, they would be jumping for joy and so happy and it would be the dad who was upset over it. I have no clue how my dad will react now that I've seen my mom react like this. Boy am I confused!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that i'm a little late but, Congrats! I hope that you guys have a good time together!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not late Farmer Dave Thank you
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry too much. Movies seldom reflect what happens in true life. I have known many cases (in my family) where parents are not too happy with the partner their son/daughter chooses.

As long as you are happy with yourself and your decision, then others' opinions shouldn't really matter.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (joossa @ Dec. 06 2006,4:28)]Don't worry too much. Movies seldom reflect what happens in true life. I have known many cases (in my family) where parents are not too happy with the partner their son/daughter chooses.

As long as you are happy with yourself and your decision, then others' opinions shouldn't really matter.
    I totally agree but the thing is my mom really does like Jeff, so that's why I'm really shocked that she reacted like this. She acted like I just told her that I'm going to marry the guy who physically and verbally abuses me, which is not true, so I don't know.....
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrds

Quote[/b] ] the movies, everytime a girl told their mom that they're getting married, they would be jumping for joy and so happy and it would be the dad who was upset over
    you were expecting her to react like in the movies?

Quote[/b] ]I don't know.....
    ask her then. im shure she'd tell you
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast