Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night Launch

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 10 2006,1:35)]People could see the space shuttle with in a certain radius you don't have to go to it when its a night launch!
    Except shuttle launches don't happen every day, and when they happen at night you would get night pics.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lightbulb?!?! That is such a dumb thing to say, sorry but it is! Anyways, for those that DO believe me....it was amazing! I've never seen a night launch before, or a day one either. We live just an hour away from where it took off, so it was really easy to see it from our front/back yard. Jeff and I plan on going to the next one to see it up close, should be awesome! The last one that was launched at night was the Columbia shuttle, the one that blew up

A lightbulb!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My parents live about 20 minutes south of Cape Canaveral and my Dad works for the military so he got passes to be in the closest location to the launch pad. He said it was amazing. Me and my girlfriend saw it from Gainesville.
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome. I've always wanted to see a manned spaceflight launch. It used to be you could get reservations for a scheduled shuttle launch and actually park/camp-out in an area of the spaceport. No more since 9/11.

Vandenburg AFB out here in California has plenty of missile launches but they seldom reveal the schedules. If you should be driving in the area during a launch the cops will close off the roads and tell you you're in for a treat.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12