0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOH really? I did not know that. Neat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that either! I wouldn't have been able to answer you JLAP.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG OMG OMG!!! She had them!!! I didn't see her give birth but we just got home and I had to check cause today was her due date and the first thing she did when I looked in their sleeping pouch is lick her own pouch! I thought that was weird cause she never did that before! So I took her out and opened up her pouch and I saw one little pink baby in there!!!! I don't know if she had one or more (they usually have two). I didn't want to stress her out too bad so as soon as I saw one I put her back. It's sooooo cute! No eyes, no ears, just pink! I am soooo happy you guys, I started crying! In a couple of weeks she will start showing some lumps as the baby (s) grow. I am totally psyched! What an awesome Christmas present!!! And she was right on time too, exactly 16 days! I know xvart is going to be so happy Well just wanted to share, WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok well it looks like she only had one baby, but that's great! I just hope it's a healthy baby Jeff and I will be thinking of names, something to do with Christmas I think, but we have to find out if it's a boy or girl first. I don't know what's going on because the male won't go back into their sleeping pouch, looks like the momma has kicked him out for now
    Great Googly Moogly!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! How fun! I am so excited for you! So was the mother mad or territorial when you started prodding around in her pouch? What do you suppose the licking was about that you mentioned?

Since they have mated once now, will they do it again? You said they had never mated before. Was it because they were not mature enough, or just shy? Maybe now they will mate like there is no tomorrow.

How fun!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (xvart @ Dec. 26 2006,7:50)]Yay! How fun! I am so excited for you! So was the mother mad or territorial when you started prodding around in her pouch? What do you suppose the licking was about that you mentioned?

Since they have mated once now, will they do it again? You said they had never mated before. Was it because they were not mature enough, or just shy? Maybe now they will mate like there is no tomorrow.

How fun!

xvart.
    No the momma was not mad at all! I was suprised actually, but her and I have a very strong bond She licked her pouch when I looked in on them just to make sure her baby was alright. She will be paying a lot of attention to her pouch now, just to make sure her baby is doing ok. We're not out of the woods yet, sometimes the parents will kick the baby out and/or even eat it if they feel it's not healthy. I'm just praying that won't happen. But so far so good! The daddy is being very protective though, not towards me but if anyone gets near the cage he pokes his head out of the pouch to make sure they don't get too close, like my dog and Jeff. He doesn't do it to me because I handle them everyday, whereas Jeff doesn't so they're not that used to him. I'm sure they will mate again, but we're not really sure if we want them to. Gliders don't mate as often as rats do, they mate like crazy, but gliders only mate about 4 times a year. We may just go and get the daddy neutered or we have to seperate them but I don't want to cause they are soulmates We're hoping the baby is a girl so we will only have to neuter the dad cause we don't want any inbreeding. They didn't mate any earlier I think because they were not ready yet. They're eating their dinner right now, so it looks great so far Wish us luck, we want a happy healthy baby!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nikki,
    Congrats on being a glider grandma.
    Lois
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lois! I've been trying to call my mom all day to tell her she's a new Grammy
    Great Googly Moogly!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast