Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Maybe the U.S. should hold talks with Iran

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farting trees. What's this world coming too?

See? This is where science gets us. Farting trees. What's next? Belching dandylions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 13 2006,10:57)]
    Quote[/b] ]Actually there was a study done in one of the rainforests that showed that trees caused global warming.
    they are carbon sinks. I saw the study, and it did not make such claims. It said they produce a amount of methane that is difficult to calculate nd noted more study is needed. Making wild conclusions is not the thing to do, because the study ALSO noted that they are more valuble as carbon sinks than anything else, and the amount of methane produced was miniscule compared to that. You and i produce methane too. The news media sensationalized the results. Im refering to the report on trees and methane in the Science journal Nature (or was it the journal science? they are smilar) done not too long ago on rainforest trees and their effect on climate. And i mean that the actual study itself was published, not the results.
    I was overexaggerating about the trees . I just think it's funny that everything is the cause of Global Warming. Just like everything is the cause of cancer.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing is that I have operated on a lady in her 30's or 40's who never smoke drank or did anything to cause cancer. We had to operate on her for lung, liver and stomach cancer. So hell you only live once. If you don;t do any of those things you still could end up with cancer and die.

Now back to the subject Iran does nto need nukes period not even for "peacful" use. If they want nuke power then let us in to run it. Or let the UN run it for them. They should not be allowed to have access to the nuke material. If they wanted the power thenthey shouldn't have a problem with the UN running it. Or build them a reactor that uses something else for the reaction that has no waist left. Look at the spie who was just poisoned with plutonium. So it is already being used from spent fuel or warheads from the Soviet Union. No body talks about it, but it is scary those people have nukes running around. They are just as dangerous as the Jihadists. Pootin is becoming more and more like a dictator himself. It is scary.

Iran has already prooven itself to be untrustworth. Just like the North Koreans. Go ahead and try to talk. You will get no where and end up further behind than before.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holding talks may be difficult, as a report released today (I think, maybe yesterday) indicated that out of thousands of personnel at the main "embassy" in Iraq, SIX of them spoke arabic fluently. Since Iraqs population is roughly 26 million, I think it's safe to say that them six folks are too busy to do any negotiatin...

And JLAP- I'm no expert, but if it helps to clarify the situation, there is a decent sized Jewish population in Iran (and despite that totally fraudulent "report" a few months ago, they do NOT have to wear identifying symbols or anything- tho the Arab Palestinians must have special license plates in Israel) and from what I've read, the problem isn't with people of the Jewish faith, but rather with the state of Israel itself- f'rinstance, when Irans prez was quoted with "DEATH TO ISRAEL", that was NOT what he said, the direct quote was a more nuanced "the page of history of Israel is soon to turn" or some jive like that- the western media blew it all out of proportion, as at the time the US government was real busily laying the groundwork for some kind of attack on Iran.
    With the current butt-whipping the insurgents in Iraq are laying on the US military, that option was taken off the table. Irans prez may be nutty and believe some ridiculous things, but making a public statement that Iran was somehow gonna "wipe it off the map" would be plain stupid, as Israel already has undeclared nukes and could use such a statement to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike, which would be pretty bad for a whole bunch of folks

The US can play tough guy for only so long, having ANY kind of talks with Iran would be a good first step, as Iran is most definitely part of the eventual solution to the mess made of Iraq- I mean, they're right next door, and it doesn't look like the US will be able to hold them off for too long, at this stage, it'd be better to actually make a coalition of regional powers to keep the mess contained- as much as it would be nice to continue to expect any measure of victory, it's over and no amount of bullets and bombs is gonna fix this, so it's either words and diplomacy or else

And for the "Iran is untrustworthy" crowd- the US and Britain are likely not paragons of truth from the other side of the mirror, so both sides will just have to lump it
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOoohhh Ok I see now. Thanks for clearing that up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (mabudon @ Dec. 13 2006,1:07)]With the current butt-whipping the insurgents in Iraq are laying on the US military, that option was taken off the table.
    A couple of sucker-punch I.E.D.'s and crazy-Suicide Bombers a day does Not make it that our military is getting their "butt-whooped" look at the operation of Fallujah and tell me that the US Military got their "butt-whooped" there.
    Pssshhh....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]While the world waits for Iran to do something really stupid, the US has done one stupid thing after another. Anyway, Iran's leader denies the holocaust happened and ours denies global warmiing is happening. It's a draw.
    This's the nth time I've seen this argument, and I frankly fail to see the connect. Reasonable people can and have and DO argue against global warming. There are some clever people on each side of the debate. However, a resonable person can not be expected to deny historical fact. I don't like to nitpick people's analogies because it's difficult to make a perfect one. However, this agrees with the point that ignoring that the Holocaust ever happened is pretty stupid.

Quote[/b] ]Iran also is saying it's Nuclear program is for "peaceful purposes" and are purposely manipulating the negotiations to their favor to buy time until they say "surprise, look what we got" and promptly give one to Hezzbullah to nuke Israel and to smuggle one into the US and maybe Europe by way of some unknown Terrorist group to wait for the signal.
    Sources for any claims?

Quote[/b] ]I was overexaggerating about the trees . I just think it's funny that everything is the cause of Global Warming. Just like everything is the cause of cancer.
    All of this posting is giving me cancer. Think I should sue someone?

Quote[/b] ] If they wanted the power thenthey shouldn't have a problem with the UN running it. Or build them a reactor that uses something else for the reaction that has no waist left.
    After a nuclear reactor has been going for a while you can get the plutonium needed for atomics from the control rods. Solution: No control rods allowed! Anyone else smell a brilliant plan?

Quote[/b] ]The sad thing is that I have operated on a lady in her 30's or 40's who never smoke drank or did anything to cause cancer. We had to operate on her for lung, liver and stomach cancer. So hell you only live once. If you don;t do any of those things you still could end up with cancer and die.
    Ah, but I wouldn't use that as a justification to go out and do things that increase my risk. My genetics dictate that I have a 50-50 chance of getting Graves or Hashimoto's disease (overactive and underactive thyroid, respectively) but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to go hang around a radioactive site because "who cares if my thyroid takes in some radiation? It might have problems later in life anyway."
    So I can agree on the "we only live once, live your life well, yadda yadda" I just wanted to clarify that if you use that as an excuse... Well, don't complain that your one life was cut short.

Quote[/b] ]Pootin is becoming more and more like a dictator himself. It is scary.
    But what other leader has replied to questions asked to him about Cthulhu or suggested that they guard their boarders with giant robots? Putin <3

I always need to think back to the whole Iran-Contra Scandal from during the Reagan administration. I mean, are there any reasons left for us to wonder why there's problems? Not saying the US is the root of all evil or the source of all the troubles or any of that BS, but if you take a gander back at history, some of the stuff going on is explained.

If you don't know what the Iran-Contra Scandal is all about, then you should read up on it. It's a double-whopper of illegal practices. Good thing several of the convicted fellons from the scandal serve in the current administration. lol
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It goes beyond the Iran-Contra Scandal.Did you know about the now-admitted covert operation of the CIA called Operation Ajax in the 50's that destroyed the democracy of Iran to restore a politically friendly dictator? The US and Britain helped organize protests to overthrow the unfriendly president and return the Shah who previously ruled the country to Iran. Iran's fledgling attempts at democracy quickly descended into dictatorship, as the Shah dismantled the constitutional limitations on his office and began to rule as an absolute monarch.
    (wikipedia had a good article about that, where i got some of my information from)
    Google Operation Ajax!
    Because its not a democracy unless they are freindly to the US
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast