User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your best method for studying?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone! My final examination week started today, and things are getting hectic. There is no doubt that my Biology Lab course is causing me the most stress. It consists of taxonomy attributes of all major phyla in each domain and the morphology of specific organisms we have studied/dissected in lab (from methanogens to flowering plants). So, yeah, lots of details to study, and the lab practical (final) is on Thursday!

So let me get to the point: Im curious, how do you guys like to study? What methods are most effective for you? Do you use verbal repetition? Do you re-write the info you need to know? Do you re-read the material? Do you like to study in groups? Individually? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Thanks!
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull all-nighters where i stay up and spend about 50% of the time playing around on the internet (im here now aren't I? haha), and 50% of the time re-reading what i think is important over and over again. Usually it works....I get an A or B in everything
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that this is what you want to hear, but I didn't really study in school. When I tried, or worked on homework, I would do practice problems for about 15 minutes and then take "a break" for about 45 minutes. Needless to say, I was never the best student.

I think it depends on what courses you are taking. Since you mentioned Biology I would go over old homework assignments and review the material covered there, check the parts you got wrong and make sure you understand where you made your mistakes. If you have a math/physics/chemistry then just go with problems after problems after problems. If it's history you'll have to talk to someone else.

Good luck to everyone taking finals!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished mine about an hour ago hehehe

One more calendar year until my degree...
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's proven that being in the same frame of mind when you studied as when you're taking the test is a big help.
    For instance I got drunk while studying and took the test drunk, and it worked pretty good!
    Of course I'm not suggesting this, more like if you were well-rested studying, be well-rested for the test or whatever.
    Also when I usta make cheat-sheets, from writing the info down I wouldn't even hafta look at the cheat-sheet anymore. I would remember it fair-and-square!!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (quogue @ Dec. 13 2006,9:39)]Also when I usta make cheat-sheets, from writing the info down I wouldn't even hafta look at the cheat-sheet anymore. I would remember it fair-and-square!!
    It's like on Growing Pains when Kirk Cameron writes all the information on the bottom of his shoe and then doesn't need it because he remembers it all - then he gets busted for cheating when he is so proud and puts his feet up on the desk displaying all the information!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It's proven that being in the same frame of mind when you studied as when you're taking the test is a big help.
    For instance I got drunk while studying and took the test drunk, and it worked pretty good!
    Of course I'm not suggesting this, more like if you were well-rested studying, be well-rested for the test or whatever.
    Very interesting... I'm going to try and give it a shot. Not getting drunk , just "being in the same frame of mind". It's going to be a long day...
    -Joel from Southern California

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redbull or Rockstar or Bawls (I prefer Bawls). Sleep all day then stay up all night and study. Take some Theobromine if you have some. Helps you concentrate (aswell as caffeine) and it a long-acting medium strength stimulent, unlike caffeine which is a short acting "strong" stimulent. Taurine is good, too.

Drink lots of coffee the morning before. I never really studied but when I had to cram I took lots of stimulents to stay up all night and read things over and over and over and over and over. Don't overdo it on the coffee or energy drinks or you'll crash.

Is this bad advice? Maybe. Unhealthy yeah but it always worked for me. Remember that that's just MY body and mind so what works for me might not work for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast