What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What boredom is

What 2 hours of boredom is

THIS
PICT0464.jpg

too this
Eye.png

*sigh* being grounded is fun and... BORING! lol I should be studying... but thats no fun.

Ah, so this's what you were talking about. That looks pretty darn awesome, dude! How long were you workin' on it? Great job.
smile.gif

Now not only to you have a great sig (I knew I'd seen that somewhere before!
tounge.gif
) but a sweet avatar, too.

Very cool. On the second one, did you add color by hand or was it done on a computer program?

I did the color on the computer It took me about 2 hours. Still needs some touch up but i got tierd of doing it after a little bit I might work more on it some other time.

I used Macromedia Fireworks FX

Wow I really like it. You're very talented. Maybe you should be grounded more often
wink.gif.gif

What did you do to get grounded?

Nice job on the eye!

My friends were getting stoned, I offered to give them a ride let them come over to my house and then drive them home... mom got mad... pretty stupid on my part, but every thing I've done lately has been stupid.

you get to play on the computer when you're grounded? what kind of crap is that?

wouldn't fly with me, but i'm not your momma. very cool little drawing you made.

You need different friends!I wouldn't let my kids hang around people like that!

Jerry

I can promise you that youre kids probably know at least 3 people that are stoners, and they more than likely hang out with one who does it casualy!

I dont think so,I can promise you that!My kids know better,thats the way they were raised.They are active in the D.A.R.E. program and know right from wrong.Plus I live out in the country so I don't have to deal with the problems that are around more populated places.Also my son plays baseball for a traveling team,no stoners or losers there I promise you!

Jerry

I was "raised better" But now I'm all like anti-government (mom was in the military), I was apart of dare, I go to church, I love out semi-country and yea its crazy, So don't think its not out where you are. I know plenty of sport players who will do drugs off season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 16 2006,12:11)]I was "raised better" But now I'm all like anti-government (mom was in the military), I was apart of dare, I go to church, I love out semi-country and yea its crazy, So don't think its not out where you are. I know plenty of sport players who will do drugs off season.
Thats true. I used to live in south Georgia (Douglas) and getting drugs is so easy it was scary.

Oh and I was also "raised better," in church, A-honor roll, with good strick parents. Even if raised right kids will still try out drugs.

I know that,but right now I know my kids don't hang around "bad" people because there is hardly anyone around.I know the kids they play with,which live miles away,so they just can't come home from school and go wandering around,because there is now where to go.And before you start again,all I said was you need different friends and that I wouldn't let my kids hang around people like that.I did'nt say they would not ever encounter a situation like this.

Jerry

We live out in the boonies and there are drugs and druggies all over the place!

drugs are everywhere. i as a parent now, am a bit nervous about raising my child here. i was raised mainly in a sheltered place- an Air Force base in Japan. never really got into a whole lot until I came to the states for good.

my husband is one of the few people i've meet that have never had an interest in experimenting with drugs. ever. he grew up in bedford, tx then was in the army for about 8 years .

just don't over shelter you're kids... but don't tell them EVERY day that drugs are bad... thats part of the reason why I had wanted to do them when I was younger... my mom always said not to do something... I remember not being able to watch something on tv, I watched it then my om didn't care, same thing with music certain kinds of music I wasn't aloud to lisen to. So the scenario goes like that with allot of other stuff usually.

Our school was made a "school to watch" just this past Friday, and we are one out of 7 schools in the state, and one out of 84 or so in the US. I don't know exactly what that means, but it means our school is really good and stuff.

That same day, some people got suspended for something about drugs in school.

-Ben

Back