What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senate hangs in the balance. Again.

Finch

Whats it to ya?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16211364/

Sen. Tim Johnson (D-S.D.) was rushed to the hospital on  Wednesday with stroke-like symptoms after he "verbally stumbled and seemed confused in a radio interview with reporters" with intracerebral bleeding caused by a congenital malformation. Johnson had undergone brain surgery for this rare and often fatal condition and remains critical. Brain damage is a real possibility.

Naturally as one my senators I have great concern for his well-being, but the Majority of the senate hangs in the balance as well. . It distresses me that most are more worried about the senate majority than his health. I mean, its for control of the government, but still…
My governor has the power to pick his successor, and he will jump at the opportunity to put his party back in power – I think. That would be Mike Rounds for you.

Anyway, the committee chairmanships also hang in the balance. This is big. Republicans could regain power of senate and committees. Discuss.

For the love of god let him be ok....

I'm one of those that is more worried about the majority. I know , i'm heartless, but i do hope he's ok, too.

::SIGH::

I'm so sick of the media dwelling on and on about this. Reports on the guys health is great. They are so desperate for news material they introduced this "what if" concern that nobody is even thinking about. This isn't the first senator who had a stroke and there never has been one who stepped down from one. According to his current health status it isn't even thinkable.

Anyways if he were to be replaced by a Republican, there wouldn't be any significant change.

All I can say is expect the worst, but hope for the best (for both the Democratic Party and Senator Tim Johnson).

It seems the recovery is going well, everything will be fine.

Back