Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My family history I found

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really 3rd generation America, and 2nd generation American so I'm sure we didn't own slaves HERE. I wish I new more about my family history!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohio wasn't a slave state anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at least you guys know a little bit about your ancestry. my dad's black, my mom's japanese. perhaps one day i'll try to find out if there is any record of our ancestry on either side and how far back it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We learned a couple years ago that my father's grandfather was from what is now the Slovak Republic. My father's cousin did some research and found relatives there. One of whom had a photo of my father at about 8 with his family. So even though my father had no idea they existed, they had a photo of him. Unfortunately, my fathers parents were so anxious to Americanize they threw out their heritage. Luckily, my father went over a year ago and met more relative there than we have here. I still keep in touch with a couple of them. It's interesting to track your ancestry, but it's even better when it leads to live people.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's nice that you found that info - it's cool to learn about your ancestry-- About the only interesting story I have heard of my ancestors was about one guy who lived in New England who was a double agent spy during the Civil War. He was playing both sides (kind of a dumb thing to do in a war like that if you ask me). When the war ended his wife found out that he had invested everything they had in confederate bonds! She was so upset that she turned him into both sides, and he disappeared into Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad's Scottish and I can trace his side back to an Old Norse Norwegian viking in 794 A.d. My Mom's Native American and Scottish and I can trace her side back to about 1515. Ged was our original family name, it is Gedda in Old Norse, and means Pike (fish) but can also mean the long spears used in battle. Our shield is blue with three pike fish hauriant (upright).He may have married an ancient Pictish woman when he settled in Scotland.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahaha, reminds me of something. On the last day of my modern American history class, the teacher brought in photocopies of a document, an old newspaper. The quick blurb was about a man that had been an indentured servant and had run away and went on to describe him. A few lines later, it said the man's name: apparently he was the prof's great-great grandfather or something.

I'd contemplate finding the family of the guy who made the newspaper blurb and saying sorry.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My great, great, great grandfather was a Gypsy "King". He married a beautiful gypsy girl, half his age, and sired eleven children. His band consisted of about forty people that wandered through Hungary, Slovakia and Germany buying and selling horses...Maybe picking a few pockets on the side.
    My Grandfather married a stunning blonde Hungarian woman, emmigrated to the U.S., bought a farm in Ohio and sired seven children. He became a Catholic to keep her happy but was kicked out of the church because he screwed the Parish Priest in a horse deal.
    My father was born on the farm and married a Hungarian girl who lived on a farm about five miles away. They raised one fine, handsome, hardworking, upstanding son.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123