SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Pet python strangles Ohio man
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]CAMP DENNISON, OH, United States (UPI) -- An Ohio man was killed Saturday when his 14-foot pet python coiled itself around his neck and strangled him.

Ted Drees of Camp Dennison had owned the snake for a long time, WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reported.

'He had this one out all the time. He reached in and the snake grabbed him around the neck, and couldn`t get the snake off,' his mother, Elaine Drees, told the television station.

Getting the snake to let go its hold took the combined strength of three Hamilton County sheriff`s officers. The county Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals took custody of the python.

Experts say large constrictors like pythons should not be kept as pets or only kept by people willing to take necessary precautions. These include not handling snakes over 8 feet single-handed.

Owners must also be careful not to get the scent of anything the snake might consider prey on them.

Copyright 2006 by United Press International

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next thing you know you cant keep snakes cause people are to ignorant to learn how to take care of them, or people say they don't want that in their neighbor hood.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that happened in Vermilion oh in march of 2005. I belive there was a little discussion about it here on the forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats why i dont keep snakes much over 7 feet. they most definatly SHOULD NOT be handled by one person alone or even if there are others present if they dont know how to handle large snakes.............
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why the only large snakes I would keep are black mambas, Egyptian cobras and so on. I don't want to take any unnecessary risks by keeping large constrictors.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never been interested in boas or pythons. I don't know why I just never really cared for them. At least if a cottonmouth attacks you have hours to get to a hospital. With giant constrictors, they kill you on the spot. I'd rather take my chances with vipers.

I hope they don't kill the snake, it wasn't his fault. It sounds like the owner make a DFE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive always had an interest in snakes... but parental units won't oblige..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buyt one and tell them if they want to get rid of it they have to get him out with their hands and take him back to the pet store.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast