Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cellular Resperation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!

Thanks Jimscott! You really see to know your stuff.
    What is your profession?

What about oxidative phosphorilation?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe that the gist of oxidative phosporylation is as such:

You've got one area of the mitochondria where the krebs cycle is going on, then a membrane "housing" the electron transport chain, and on the other end of ther membrane is a bunch of oxygens. Oxygen has a high electronegativity, so it's pulling the electrons that've been freed up towards them. As the electrons go down the ETC they release energy and finally reach the end where two of the H+ ions bond with an oxygen ion forming water. The energy from the ETC gets used to phosphorylate ADP, adding on that extra phospahte group makes it the useful ATP.

It's been a few years since I've thought about this, so I might be a bit off. Good to read about again as I'll probably be overwashed with bio for the next coupld of years.

Makes me want to bust out the ol' bio notes, make sure I'm not making a bumbling fool of myself. lol

\(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The krebs cycle was the only part of my biology course I didn't like.

I think we ended up skipping it and were only asked the bare minimum of what we had to know. Like 3 questions which I probably got all wrong if I could remember lol. This was an honors class, too.

Hehe, a good way to impress your teacher is to mention the heterotrophic qualities of CP's if you have to do a paper on photosynthesis. Use big words like paradoxical and anomaly lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use those big words wrong however.... it could be bad. If you really want to be fancy, use all those big words in a comprehensive scentence. Oh and make the first letter the same. Yeh! Rail against the "Pragmatic pigeonholing of problematic phyla" !
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Quote[/b] ]Hehe, a good way to impress your teacher is to mention the heterotrophic qualities of CP's if you have to do a paper on photosynthesis. Use big words like paradoxical and anomaly lol
    If you use those big words wrong however.... it could be bad. If you really want to be fancy, use all those big words in a comprehensive scentence. Oh and make the first letter the same. Yeh! Rail against the "Pragmatic pigeonholing of problematic phyla" !
    lol

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alliteration is fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes it is.

Same with toungue twisters: How much fud could a fud pucker puck if a fud pucker could puck fud.

Go on, try it 5 times fast.

Quote[/b] ]The krebs cycle was the only part of my biology course I didn't like.

I think we ended up skipping it and were only asked the bare minimum of what we had to know. Like 3 questions which I probably got all wrong if I could remember lol. This was an honors class, too.
    Yeah, I have to do good on this one because it's an AP class, so If I don't do good and pass the Exam then I'll have spent this whole year running in circles.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Dec. 19 2006,1:48)]Wow!

Thanks Jimscott! You really see to know your stuff.
    What is your profession?

What about oxidative phosphorilation?
    Um... all I did was Google and copy & paste. I took AP Bio in 12th grade and that was when I first learned the Krebs Cycle, Pyroloysis, Cellular Respiration,.... But since it never had any relevance in real life, thereafter, I've forgotten nearly all of it. I just remember the terms and the pain associated with them!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast