Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Million Little Pieces

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I can't imagine how someone could be so sad and desperate as he is! I'm always happy most of the time, i've never felt THAT bad even when i've ben at my lowest points and thought my life was over.

God this is a good book... I'm only stopping for smoke breaks!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's really neat when I can draw parallels between books and personal experience, although mine are not near what this book describes (or what you describe). I love hearing about "rock bottom" stories and personal journeys of the sort. I think at some point or another everyone hits rock bottom and the best part is the personal journey of rectification and the struggles that persist and "haunt" us or remind us forever. Some of the most beautiful stories I've ever heard or experienced are those like that.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experiences are like a fluffy kitten compared to this guy

I don't like overcoming obstacles and rectification... I like a nice routine where everything is stable and my parents have their little idea about me and I know the truth and they are happy and so am i... untill I screw up and overdose and then lie about suicide to cover it up.. then i come clean about my use but they still don't know i was never suicidal....and i'm still using and i'm repeating the cycle of my parents thinking i'm clean and they are happy and so am i but i never felt bad about it untill I started reading this book.

aww man i'm screwed! I regret starting this book but at the same time i'm glad I did... hell I dunno. I won't stop using but i think i should cool it down atleast a little bit. It's not a problem now but what if it will be later? I mean I have self-control. I used to think I was a meth addict because that's what the NA people told me and I believed them in my weak state of desperation. I still know i'm not but i could be later on in life and that's NOT what I want.

And now I feel like a worthless druggie even though my life is seemingly perfect and i have great grades and a great future and i'm happy.... I never felt like anything could go wrong untill now.

CURSE YOU LITERATURE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimately a life without drugs is superior to a life with drugs. You just don't want to believe it. Or don't have reason to yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that were the case no one would drink, ever. Nothing wrong with occasional use, IMO.

Just don't want to overdo it.

I dunno..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use meth, you have a problem and, if it took reading a book to feel bad about it, it was a great choice of reading material. You've said in another post that you want to go to medical school and wondered if you're smart enough. If you're still using meth, maybe you aren't smart enough. Trust me, it's much easier to get some control over your life before you leave the nest. You need to challenge yourself now. You can do it. One minor drug bust can end a medical career before it starts.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not still using meth. These days it's mostly DXM. I tend to go on binged then about 3 months pass and I go on another binge for a few days. Still illegal to abuse it I know. I don't crave anything or feel I need anything. If I want to do drugs I should stick to legal things. Yes, lots of stuff is perfectly legal and as safe if not safer than alcohol.

Hehe, it's funny how rehab, NA, and therapy never worked but maybe a book written by a guy with bad ethics could be working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 20 2006,8:45)]If that were the case no one would drink, ever.
    You have more faith in people's ability to discern what's genuinely good for them than I do I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast