What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ack

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Hey all, as you may have seen on the news, the northwest US got absolutely pummelled last Thursday. My power was out until about eight tonight. Fortunately, I've been able to keep the house warm enough for the plants and animals, and I'm hoping that a week in the dark won't be too much for my collection. Everything I've check so far seems alright, except for one Drosophyllum that's got a funny tint to it.
In any case, what this means is that I've been without addresses of people whom I have plants to ship to, and unable to get to the post office. I'm going to go through and try to contact everyone, but if I owe you something and I haven't been in touch, please drop me a line and let me know.
Thanks,
~Joe

ooo.gif
Wow! I'm glad that you and your animals managed to keep warm enough. I've been hearing about the weather.

Walk in to the light, Joe. Walk in to the light! Welcome back!
biggrin.gif

I feel for you. I was without power for 13 days after hurricane Isabel. It REALLY sucked. It really makes you appreciate electricity when you get it back on.

Stay safe.

Parts of Maine lost power for 30 days or more a few years after I left.  I remember thinking about how the few people I knew who lived without electricity were unfazed.  They heated and lighted their homes the same way, got water the same way, and spent their eveings the same way as they always had.  People with all the modern conveniences were devastated.

LMAO, oh man i love winter. Our town doesn't get snow but like once or twice a year and when we do it's VERY light and melts in a few hours. Everytime there is a threat of snow, people FREAK out and go nuts. They stock up on milk and bread and they freak lmao. If the power ever does go out it's only for several hours. 2 days was the longest we were cut off from the grid but we had a generator
smile.gif

I hope you have a nice holiday anyways...
smile.gif

Hey there Joe,
Glad to see that you made it back online. Looks like the folk in Denver are getting their fair share of the white stuff, the past 2 days.
Lois

glad all is well with you.

this may be a stupid question, but what about all your food? is it cold enough up there to not spoil it?

if we lost power in texas, everybody would panic cause it would be too hot, people would lose their food, and the people who keep meds in the fridge would be screwed. i've still been running my a/c in december. some days the heater.

Back