Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today is...SUN RETURN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only things were as simple as the days getting longer on the 21st:

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]On the winter solstice the sun is at its furtherst south (overhead at the Tropic of Capricorn); hence it is the shortest day in the northern hemisphere, and the sun does not rise north of the Arctic Circle. Because of what is called "the equation of time", however, the solstice does not mean that on that day sunrise is latest and sunset earliest. (The equation of time results from a combination of the tilt of the earth's axis and its elliptical orbit.) Indeed, the time of earliest sunset is a few days before the winter solstice, and the latest sunrise a couple of weeks later. It is the rate of change of these two things that mean that the shortest day is in between (and closer to the latest sunrise.)
    But as they say: as the days get longer, the cold gets stronger

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead.

What Pak did it Why can't I?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I can't help it. I love to see the sun coming back. I hate the short days of winter.
    Not to mention the darn short days mean smaller nep pitchers!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 22 2006,3:43)]H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead.

What Pak did it Why can't I?
    But where does it apply??
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job. Is that the same one from last year?
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Too lazy to write another one. hehe
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123