What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is...SUN RETURN!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Today is an important day! Its the winter solstice! The sun is coming back to us! Celebrate!

Sun Return
The Winter Solstice

Tonite the longest night is done!
Each day forth will bring more sun.
Though winter now settles
her cold mantle about the woods and fields,
drawing sleep 'round her children green,
it is the sleep of renewal, of fresh creation.
Take this rest as you will--prepare!
The new year fast approaches
with its innocence like that of an infant
offering the cup of hope and possibilities
to all who will dare to drink.
Let the dying year lay down
its dark and weary soul,
leaving empty its vessel
for the sun to fill with new life and light.
Tonite the longest night is done!
Each day forth will bring more sun!

PAK........................ive got a question................

can i have 2 of whatever drug your on? your just to darn perky
tounge.gif

YAY!

LOL I WISH I were on something. I smashed my big toe today at work.
cry.gif
There. See? I cried. And I think I have migraine No. 4 coming in. *sigh*

I can't help it. I love to see the sun coming back. I hate the short days of winter. I think its a kick that every day there will be a little more light...a little more light...until all of sudden its not getting dark til almost 9 p.m.

And sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying.
wink.gif.gif

Sorry
sad.gif
Ever try Head On? It sucks! It's the same as putting Viz vapor rub on your forehead...I got some in my eye...

You actually BOUGHT that stuff? Ewwwwwwww!

I hate those commercials so much I wouldn't buy it out of spite. I have medication for migraines but I don't take it until its imperative. I get pre-headaches which can fade in and out for 1-3 days...then BOOM. So I hold out until it starts to escalate. I'm in the pre-headache stage now. I'm trying to hold out...the pills are expensive.

I'm waiting for those people to come out with a product to use on another body part... "_ _ _ _ On...apply directly to the _ _ _ _ _!"
laugh.gif

What?? Am I bypassing the filter??
nononono.gif

sorry to here that PAK, Darla gets migraines so i know the hell your going through. out of the 5(i think its 5 now) migraine specific drugs on the market right now only one sorta, sometimes, kinda works for her.........and your right they are all expensive.........your also right that Head On stuff is junk.....

HEAD ON apply directly to the forehead HEAD ON apply directly to the forehead HEAD ON apply directly to the forehead HEAD ON apply directly to the forehead HEAD ON apply directly to the forehead.... its all part of the plan! the commercial its self gives you a headache!!
mad.gif

yay! ive had some REALLY crazy december so far weatherwise. it went from 40->12->30's->60->low 70's->50's....thats all in december!?!? and i live in zone six. im afraid my plants will just croak from temperatures coasters!!
Alex

I believe the active ingredient is Iris extract.

It was just 75 the other day. I love it. I know it's global warming and that's VERY bad indeed, but I still enjoy the warmer temperatures.

yeah, but the warmer temps are really bothering me, because both of my mature warm temperate pings have already tried to flower on me like 3 times.....each.

The daffodils that line the driveway are about 3 inches tall so far, too. They started growing a month ago.

yeah. all of my bulbed plants have come up and some are over 1 foot tall. I hope that they come back in the spring
sad.gif

I wish that our winter would be somewhat normal like last year.

Yeah, and then the sky falls and crushes my plants.
sad.gif
I hate that. Or when Yellowstone park blows up and destorys the eastern half of the united states- where am I supposed to get my plants from now?!

Ok, cynicism aside: It'll be very nice to have some more sun around. Ah sun, seasonal depression's worst enemy. Didn't even realize the solstice was today! lol

Hey PAK your initial post reminded me of the first scene in The Lion King; you know, when the huge sun is rising in the horizon...
smile.gif

Anyway, I too am waiting for this new year's growing season. In the meantime, I am enjoying the cold temperatures and the crazy busy holiday shopping.
nana.gif

Hope you feel better, PAK!

Thanks guys. I still have the pre-headache! lol It's a-coming! On very rare occasions I never get the migraine. Maybe this will be one of those times.

Rattler...what does Darla take? I take Relpax and its very effective. On rare occasions I have to take 2 pills...and once in a blue moon it doesn't work. But I keep it with me at all times because I never know when or where. Waking up with a migraine REALLY sucks. Medicine less effective once its full blown.

Aaaaaaanyway...today we get an extra minute or two of sun! Wooohooo!

mainly Maxalt................she has used Relpax and its a bit more effective than Maxalt but about everyother time she uses it, she feels like she is having a heart attack, lots of pressure in her chest, difficulty breathing, scares the hell out of her............she would rather deal with the migraine

If only things were as simple as the days getting longer on the 21st:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]On the winter solstice the sun is at its furtherst south (overhead at the Tropic of Capricorn); hence it is the shortest day in the northern hemisphere, and the sun does not rise north of the Arctic Circle. Because of what is called "the equation of time", however, the solstice does not mean that on that day sunrise is latest and sunset earliest. (The equation of time results from a combination of the tilt of the earth's axis and its elliptical orbit.) Indeed, the time of earliest sunset is a few days before the winter solstice, and the latest sunrise a couple of weeks later. It is the rate of change of these two things that mean that the shortest day is in between (and closer to the latest sunrise.)

But as they say: as the days get longer, the cold gets stronger
smile.gif

H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead. H_ _ D on applied directly to Paks forehead.

laugh.gif

rock.gif

What Pak did it Why can't I?

Oh my

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I can't help it. I love to see the sun coming back. I hate the short days of winter.

Not to mention the darn short days mean smaller nep pitchers!
censor.gif

Back