3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at one of these pitchers you'll see that the tube apears to be "All Red" I guess we'll have to wait until the spring to find out exactly what we have.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More tubes that appear to be "All Red"

I put my camera up and I went back to do the final deed of collecting a few seeds. I went to an area where I had seen a really big mound of S.flava to see if the flowers there had any seeds. Most had already fallen out of the flower. I started walking back to my van and I saw a trail that I hadn't walked down. I had been on the property for about two hours and I was more than ready to leave. I almost decided to leave, but I finally decided to take a quick walk down the trail. Sitting right in the middle of the trail was this impressive mound of S.purpurea.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were about 5 or 6 hybrids between S.purpurea and S.flava.

There were a lot of blueberry bushes growing along with the cp's

I couldn't search every square inch so it's very possiable that I missed some plants. If I can I'll return in the spring when it's much easier to spot plants.

I know that you've been wondering what the following pics are.
    Well the lake in the picture is one of the lakes that make up a series of lakes called Boiling Spring Lakes. Boiling Spring Lake is also known for the cp's that grows around them. There are a total of about 50 lakes in the area. The lakes are formed becauses of a single spring.

In 1961, the developers of Boiling Spring Lakes happened upon a gushing spring concealed in a wooded ravine. Wishing to beautify the area, a 4-foot high brick wall was built to encompass this natural phenomenon. Almost before the masons had completed their work, the spring suddenly stopped running. Within a few hours, it burst out in a free full flow some 15 feet outside the wall. When the 3-foot wall enclosing the spring was built, the weight of the water in the enclosed area resulted in a backpressure against the spring so it moved to an easier release point. Over time the wall broke allowing the impounded water to flow. With a lower water level in this area, the spring returned to its former location, and it boils today.

The spring with what remains of the brick wall.

It's hard to belive that 43 milion gallons of water is produced by this spring per day. The naive Indians belived that whoever drank from the spring will return to the spring. Before I left. I insured that I will return to the area. It was the best water I have ever tasted. The taste of the water stayed in my mouth for hours.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nep ak, we don't yet know what the fate of these plants are going to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, well that sucks. I wish I had that land. I would build a house as close to the road as possible! well Then I hope they are preserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah Nonono

Is this the same developer as the other houses? It looks like the lawn would be the problem if thats the case. And i mean loook at that it looks like they made their own beaches. Really, i think a buffer would be the best bet, but you woluld need to work out some way to allow the homeowners water acess, as well. And nothing would prevent the homeowner from doing it themselves, lawn right up to the edge of the water and all.

And perhaps... take the landowner out there and show him the plants. A visual connetction would help. And see what he thinks they should do, cause it is his land, and reach a comprimise.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like some Drosera brevifolia there in pic, 176752634O353379771.jpg.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast